Liquid Cooling Questions

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware & Builds' started by jake6459, Dec 19, 2008 with 4 replies and 160 views.

1. jake6459

jake6459 Newbie

Ratings:
    Im about an intermediate to computers but a newb to liquid cooling. I wanted to know that if you purchase a liquid cooler for a computer thats in a kit for cooling a processor can you expand it to cool your GPU and possibly your ram with out greatly diminishing its cooling performance.
    this is the cooling kit I was looking at. [Click here to view the link]
    The reason I wanted to use liquid cooling is for overclocking my cpu.
    If there are any recomendations that you have for liquid cooling for what cooling components to use and what case would work best for it with out going to expensive, please let me know.:?

oh, and how do I mount it? does the radiator go outside

2. P8BALLER4LIFE01

P8BALLER4LIFE01 Newbie

Ratings:
    Glad to see someone interested in liquid cooling. Your best bet is to build a custom kit rather then buy some of the ones given from manufacturers. It really depends, there are variety of watercooling shops on the internet who also have great packages on beginner modders such as yourself. As for the radiator you can mount it inside if the case has alot of room or outside depending the size of the radiator. There is also a method in which you cool your radiator by push pull method which means you have fans mounted on both sides of the radiator to cool and push the liquid through the pump.

Sites to Refer:
    [Click here to view the link]

Parts you will need:
    Radiator
    Pump
    Tank
    Tubing
    GPU Waterblocks ( if your looking into cooling your video card )
    CPU Waterblocks
    Coolant

Petras has a pretty good deal with a medium type of package as well: [Click here to view the link]

Feel Free to message me with any other questions

• Like Like x 1
  3. theroach

theroach Gewinator Premium

Ratings:
    Agree with ^. You can always start off with a pre built kid and upgrade though. Every piece you can buy. I started with a "kit" then upgraded. Turns out I bought every single piece eventually though but my first kit I bought about 5 years ago.:thumbup:

4. Madman340

Madman340 Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I've heard bad things about Thermaltake regarding watercooling...

Petra is a great shop. :thumbup:

5. theroach

theroach Gewinator Premium

Ratings:
    I have also but mine seems to be fine. I might have been lucky?:?