Solved Light gaming PC specs

Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So I'm wanting to get a new PC for gaming, But I'm not looking for something that will be able to run games like GTA V, I just want something that will run Guitar Hero games and ALL Emulators smoothly.

What are the specs I need to look for and any recommendations?

Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I need a real number.
I have no clue, which is why I'm asking for recommendations...

Like I said the lowest cost to be able to run emulators and Guitar Hero. Whatever is the lowest "recommended" specs to run those smoothly is what I'm looking for.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I have no clue, which is why I'm asking for recommendations...

Like I said the lowest cost to be able to run emulators and Guitar Hero. Whatever is the lowest "recommended" specs to run those smoothly is what I'm looking for.
Emulators and guitar hero won't take much power but GTA v will take a lot of power. Do you want a computer that will power GTA at minimum or recommended settings?

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
If you're planning on spending like, 200-300$, which would be low, I honestly wouldn't even bother. I mean, you could play Minecraft at like, 15 FPS at that price, but you don't really want that. I'd plan to spend at least 750$.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Work with me here man. Do you want the bare minimum or "recommended" specs.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
No need to pay $700+ for MC. An APU rig will set you back around $300-$400 and run MC and emulators perfectly well. You don't even need a dedicated GPU.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WgknK8
You don't even have to spend that much. You could get a smaller capacity HDD and SSD. You could get a slightly lesser performing APU if you wish as well.

ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So I'm wanting to get a new PC for gaming, But I'm not looking for something that will be able to run games like GTA V, I just want something that will run Guitar Hero games and ALL Emulators smoothly.

What are the specs I need to look for and any recommendations?
For what you want just buy a cheap *** laptop. You don't need to build a PC with such low requirements. My 5 year old laptop can run all emulators except for Wii games. If you buy a laptop made last year or newer it will definitely run all emulators and Guitar Hero games... 
Work with me here man. Do you want the bare minimum or "recommended" specs.
He doesn't want a gaming PC, just something cheap that runs emulators. That's why I suggested a cheap laptop. There is no need to build a PC with this low of requirements unless you have random parts laying around...

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
For what you want just buy a cheap *** laptop. You don't need to build a PC with such low requirements. My 5 year old laptop can run all emulators except for Wii games. If you buy a laptop made last year or newer it will definitely run all emulators and Guitar Hero games... 

He doesn't want a gaming PC, just something cheap that runs emulators. That's why I suggested a cheap laptop. There is no need to build a PC with this low of requirements unless you have random parts laying around...
I just wish he knew how my h money he wanted to spend. "I want to play emulators and GTA". Okkk.... So how much green do you wanna cough up.

ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
Reaction score
Sin$
I just wish he knew how my h money he wanted to spend. "I want to play emulators and GTA". Okkk.... So how much green do you wanna cough up.
I agree that people should say some sort of budget but about GTA V, if you re-read the OP, he doesn't want a PC for GTA, just emulators.

Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

Well the laptop I have now runs Guitar Hero but I had to disable the background graphics and it's still laggy sometimes. DS Emulators run but skip badly at points.

ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
Reaction score
Sin$
Well the laptop I have now runs Guitar Hero but I had to disable the background graphics and it's still laggy sometimes. DS Emulators run but skip badly at points.
How old is it? I mean you could build you a cheap PC but for what you need I would just buy a cheap laptop or maybe a prebuilt...

Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
How old is it? I mean you could build you a cheap PC but for what you need I would just buy a cheap laptop or maybe a prebuilt...
Not sure. Acer Extensa 4630Z, With win7 sp1

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree that people should say some sort of budget but about GTA V, if you re-read the OP, he doesn't want a PC for GTA, just emulators.
:facepalm: this whole time I though he wanted it for GTA.

Top Bottom
Login
Register