Unsolved Lifespan of a Xbox 360 Slim hard drive

• Thread starter An Indian sepoy
  • Start date
  • Views 166
A

An Indian sepoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys! I was wondering, what is the life span of a Xbox 360 slim hard drive? Can they last indefenitely (meaning, did Microsoft engineer them to last for a long time)? What can I do to increase the lifespan of the hard drive? Any help is appreciated!

O

OMGnanerpus

Regular Everyday Normal MF
Staff
Lifetime
Reaction score
They're basically about the same as any other HDD. If you take good care of them, they'll last for years and years. If they get banged around and dropped, could be junk after a few months. There's not much you can do to make them last longer, aside from keeping them safe

H

H Y X

Create your creativity
Lifetime
Reaction score
They're basically about the same as any other HDD. If you take good care of them, they'll last for years and years. If they get banged around and dropped, could be junk after a few months. There's not much you can do to make them last longer, aside from keeping them safe
I can only add that the runtime of the HDD can also come into effect at some point. If you are running it hot like a server for hours upon end like I used to when I was doing services for hours upon end then you may run into issues at some point. Other than that your best bet is to just not add any unwanted damage to the HDD as mentioned. If you are worried about your HDD failing though it isn't too hard to transfer all of your data and start fresh with a clean HDD or SSD.

Top Bottom