• Thread starter cli10010111
  • Start date
  • Views 2,884
C

cli10010111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does anyone know when the dlc is coming for l4d2, or if the mods will be patched :frown: ?

Heartbeats

Heartbeats

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont think that it is possible to be patched? amidoinitright?

Only think this because its not modes, they are game commands, the modders just make it so that instead of, for example, A being jump it could be A spawns weapons. You can do the same thing in the computer version :biggrin:.

As far as I know, I have no clue when its coming out, but I want it soon =[

C

cli10010111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont think that it is possible to be patched? amidoinitright?

Only think this because its not modes, they are game commands, the modders just make it so that instead of, for example, A being jump it could be A spawns weapons. You can do the same thing in the computer version :biggrin:.

As far as I know, I have no clue when its coming out, but I want it soon =[

I hope they don't patch it either it makes the game a lot more fun, it is def possible for them to eliminate the majority of them just force a script like

alias "stopmods" "sv cheats 0;wait1;stopmods"

it be possible to circumvent but most people couldn't.. :frown:

valve really needs to cough up DLC let us play 8 on 8 fdammit with the old charaters + the new ones, how cool would that be.
too bad it'll never happen <_<

Heartbeats

Heartbeats

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Meh I dont know about that, but the new feature that lets you play as the infect and the npcs control the humans, now that awesome

Joshrpg

Josh RPG

Qahnaarin
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
They said this late this month form what a friend said. Well its March 31 where is it Valve?

G

Greynade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Come on, this is Valve we're talking about, not Bungie. Do you really think that they would completely obliterate modding on their game? You might want to think about lowering your 99.9 percentiles.

vnulol

vnulol

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Valve, IIRC, stated not too long ago that after they finish the Engineer and another class update, they are going to bring it into the 360 version as on big update or dlc.

i heard this as well. i think they're gonna be forced to charge though ;\ good thing i play tf2 on PC. alot funner tbh, and a hella lot more people.

valve is taking on way to many projects at once, but that's what i love about them, even with working on portal 2, black mesa, and the conversion to mac, they still find the time to do those awesome blog posts and update a game from years ago

w0lfschild

w0lfschild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i heard this as well. i think they're gonna be forced to charge though ;\ good thing i play tf2 on PC. alot funner tbh, and a hella lot more people.

valve is taking on way to many projects at once, but that's what i love about them, even with working on portal 2, black mesa, and the conversion to mac, they still find the time to do those awesome blog posts and update a game from years ago
valve is taking on way to many projects at once, but that's what i love about them <_<
longer wait times
lower quality
unplanned delays

Valve still rules though...

vnulol

vnulol

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
valve is taking on way to many projects at once, but that's what i love about them <_<
longer wait times
lower quality
unplanned delays

Valve still rules though...

you'd rather have them just forget about tf2 and left 4 dead and have them work soley on left 4 dead 3 and tf3?

valve isn't a big company, they don't have the manpower to work on multiple games like EA or Activision, so it's obvious they're gonna be slow

Heartbeats

Heartbeats

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
the mans got a point, its not really that big so to be producing L4D 3 and 4 and Portal 2 AND hl2 ep 3 AND tf3 AND updates for all old games, not to mention the conversion, well it may take a long time for them to come out with this stuff. as far as modding, I REALLY dont think so, They ENCOURAGE it, they may patch some stuff but to be honest I wouldn't doubt it if they dont patch it all on purpose and may even give other ways to mod. Valve makes there money off modable games :biggrin:

N

NoobAlert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i agree, i don't see why they would patch the mods on L4D2, it's not like COD where everybody get's pissy like "OH MAH GOD f*** YOU YOU f***ING MODDER *FILE COMPLAINT*" on L4D2 everyone loves the mods and valve understand that.

w0lfschild

w0lfschild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i agree, i don't see why they would patch the mods on L4D2, it's not like COD where everybody get's pissy like "OH MAH GOD f*** YOU YOU f***ING MODDER *FILE COMPLAINT*" on L4D2 everyone loves the mods and valve understand that.

I wish that were the case but don't you realize that valve has little to no say in the matter? You do realize that Microsoft does not want thier stuff being modded...

And anyways why souldn't valve lead by example and patch it just like they have on all their other xbox games?

I think the l4d2 modding community needs to realize that it's time is short and that mods will most likely be patched with the new DLC or shortly there after.

Heartbeats

Heartbeats

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

not completely true, you get the f***ing pricks that lick to abuse their power and f*** with people. And then the people who get pissed when in versus or scavenger on the opposite team.

STRIKE

STRIKE

Reaction score
Sin$
Modding may make the game fun but the point of the consul's was to prevent modding but as we all see Microsoft failed at that, the PC game's were made for modding (most games) that why in the PC L4D2 you got consul commands and add-on ECT.
--
BUT i don't know MOST likely valve is going to patch it

M

Mach99

Reaction score
Sin$
The DLC i heard was going to be $5 and its said to come out mid-late april. It was supposed to come out march 31st but got delayed. I really hope it comes out soon. :blink: Also does anyone know if your going to be able to play as the l4d1 survivors in a 8 person co-op because that would be really cool B)

Top Bottom
Login
Register