Hardware Mods LEDs in a xbox 360 console

Comrade

Comrade

Crusty Old Dude
Retired
Mythical Veteran Contest Sponsor Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
So I want to install some yellow lights into my JTAG for this case mod. Could I simply just solder them up to these spots in this pic? Or where would be another good spot? I plan on using 3mm and 5mm LEDs for this.

psu-points-th.jpg

x Pat

x Pat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
would be interesting if you created a battery pack for the leds and made its own power supply with a toggle switch. but i think those points should work.

ITz UnScRiiPTeD

ITz UnScRiiPTeD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I want to install some yellow lights into my JTAG for this case mod. Could I simply just solder them up to these spots in this pic? Or where would be another good spot? I plan on using 3mm and 5mm LEDs for this.

psu-points-th.jpg
Yes that will work just fine. Make sure you are providing the right amount of power for your LEDs. Also I would suggest you buy some pre wired so you don't have to fool around with resistors. Hope this helps!

S

SmexyPenguin18

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
If you solder it up to that unswitched point, the leds will be on any time the power supply is plugged in. Use one of those 12v points and some resistors.

Comrade

Comrade

Crusty Old Dude
Retired
Mythical Veteran Contest Sponsor Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
Sin$
If you solder it up to that unswitched point, the leds will be on any time the power supply is plugged in. Use one of those 12v points and some resistors.

Im guessing a 150 ohm should be fine right?

Top Bottom
Login
Register