• Thread starter Sk8ordie72
  • Start date
  • Views 46,567
Sk8ordie72

Sk8ordie72

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't condense the Xbox one down smaller from the huge brick it is and is so hollow inside unlike the 360 that is packed. I don't even think you can do this on a ps4 from what I've heard because of all the stuff in it.
Yours is coming along my friend!

fokeiro

fokeiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
but u got to love the space inside to work on it, on X360 slim to surround leds is a pain even for the box controller i always end up modifyign the board inside instead of using that white box

Sk8ordie72

Sk8ordie72

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't done a controller yet but I'm about to get the led clear thumb stick color changing kit for my xbox one controller.

fokeiro

fokeiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
sorry for stealing ur paint job but i loved it , put some sound reactive leds with a board and painted bray disc too

Sk8ordie72

Sk8ordie72

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Another project with my xbox and you will probably notice it soon is I had to open up my xbox to clean the glass once already because it gets so dusty in there. I have to do it again and I'm going to find some thin foam filters to put on the sides so it will keep the dust down

Thorhack

Thorhack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, So my obnoxious mod has been done for 6 hours now and I cannot get the right side of the faceplate to sit flush....This thing hates me. The bottom of the right side of the faceplate has a gap that will not close.

Sk8ordie72

Sk8ordie72

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, So my obnoxious mod has been done for 6 hours now and I cannot get the right side of the faceplate to sit flush....This thing hates me. The bottom of the right side of the faceplate has a gap that will not close.
I had a hell of a time getting my whole face plate back on and the bottom clamps where the main reason. I lined it all up and put it close and looked at it with a flashlight to make sure everything was in line but just like taking it off, it almost feels like you're breaking it to get it to go back in.
Take a breather and go back at it. 
Also check all of your prongs, male and female ends and make sure none of them are bent or in the wrong direction.

Sk8ordie72

Sk8ordie72

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I got it man, did you see my video??!?!? haha
Just checked it out. Man that thing is sick! I've seen some game themed Xbox one mods and yours is right up there at the top. When my son sees that I'm going to have to do that to his xbox one.

D

Daniel_dc2

Reaction score
Sin$
where do you put the wifi board when you barley open up xbox one and the IC'S

Sk8ordie72

Sk8ordie72

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
where do you put the wifi board when you barley open up xbox one and the IC'S
Not sure that I understand the question but you can unscrew and unplug the wires carefully and the Wi-Fi Bluetooth board will come off completely. For where I put it in the new position I cut out the corner of the aluminum cover and put it back in its original spot you just can't see the little aluminum cut out to hold it. Hope this helps

X

XtremeServices

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
awesome paint job about to see if any of my consoles warranties are up and try this out haha

D1G1TAL

D1G1TAL

║▌││║▌║││║▌│║║│▌ ɴзтшøяkзđ
Hardened Veteran Modder Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Keep up the amazing work man :cool: I haven't attempted to mod my XB1, I've only done the old Xbox 360 lol. I'm currently working on my custom PC case mod but it's always fun to see the custom Xbox 360 and XB1 mods from others :smile:

Mr Evil Empire

Mr Evil Empire

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually, it is not all that hard it is just very long and tedious work. The soldering of all the connections is the worst of it all. The cutting of the window has to be perfect but it's not really hard. I'm sure if you watch enough videos you would be able to do it yourself. i'll help anyway i can.

Could you pm me a contact number I had a few questions for you. I also would like to know can you send me a link to the paint you used and thankx.

Sk8ordie72

Sk8ordie72

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I got mine at Lowes $10 but Walmart sells it too. I could never find the gray I wanted at Walmart because it was always sold out. I wanted to use the hammered steel spray paint originally to make the Xbox look like Steel but at the last minute decided to use the sandstone. You will have to p.m. me your questions as I don't have a cell phone right now for another day or two.

http://m.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=stone+spray+paint 
Everyone I know that used this stuff had issues with it sticking to plastic because it goes on so thick. I used a 3M Scotch-Brite green pad and scuffed everything really good and wipe everything down with alcohol before I sprayed it and mine turned out perfect. I sprayed one coat and waited 10 minutes and sprayed another coat and waited 10 minutes then a final third coat

Top Bottom
Login
Register