• Start date
  • Views 1,077
Z

ZeroToned

†††
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
During a panel at SXSW, Borderlands 2 developer Gearbox has revealed a new vault hunter is coming to its RPG-fueled first-person shooter.

"Deep beneath Pandora, an experiment has escaped," a teaser for the DLC announced, revealing a silhouette of the new character decimating enemies. "Bandits beware, a new vault hunter is coming. More mayhem awaits."

Details for the second add-on character were scarce, much like the Pandora wasteland; however, the teaser (which you can view above) leads us to believe the new character is melee-focused. Gearbox franchise director Matt Armstrong wouldn't reveal the exact release for the DLC during the panel but added, "DLC is announced on a very tight schedule, and I don't think you'll have to wait long until you see that character."

Source and video of new character: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/08/gearbox-teases-new-borderlands-2-vault-hunter-dlc-at-sxsw/

EDIT: Some sources say that this could be released late this month (March) because of how sales work during this quarter.

Last edited:
F

fcukwithfire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gimme gimme now!! That dude loved punching ****

L

LEO MAXIMUS

Getting There
Reaction score
-snip-

Last edited:
M

Madman

I'm just living life, as if I live twice.
Reaction score
Hopefully this DLC makes up for the last 2 crappy one's. Not sure how I feel about a new character especially one thats melee based, I thought that was Zer0's deal. Unless they plan on releasing melee weapons.

Is the new vault hunter included in the 4th DLC? Or are they going to charge an extra $10 for it like the Mechromancer? Hopefully this gets released sooner then later.

S

Slade

Why be a King
Reaction score
DAT CARNAGE! Can't wait! Kinda like a mini Hulk?
hulk.gif

S

HuskyCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want the DLC, can't wait until they release it.

M

mindl3ssviolnc3

Getting There
Reaction score
Another melee character.... =\ I know exactly how I feel about it...useless. I'll be passing on that one unless his special skill is super awesome. It will probably be something to do with be invincible for a short period of time and increased melee strength by like 500% if it is indeed a melee character. I really hope thats not all hes about though. Gunzerker can be semi-melee character, zero can be full or semi-melee character...geez and then another one. I thought this character was supposed to be completely different in play and intent? It seems like they got the intent part right at least. Ok, imma stop now.

P

Poisoned SAMICH

Eat My Samich!!
Reaction score
did they give a release date for the dlc?

J

JayHull

Another Piece Of The Puzzle...The Final Piece
Reaction score
Nice! Can't wait to see what its all about and how the new character is. Good find/post.:smile:

M

Madman

I'm just living life, as if I live twice.
Reaction score
They added an update to it and said that the new character would be released with the new DLC but not included with it. So I imagine there going to be charging 10.00 USD in order to play him, just like the Mechromancer.

Wouldn't be surprised to see more 80 MSP skins released a long side all this DLC, seeing as BL2 is Gearbox's bread winner there going to milk it for all it's worth and nickel and dime the crap out of everyone.

P

poopinouttacos

The Taco Master
Reaction score
Hope he's like the Berserker from #1

C

Chaotic Decree

Reaction score
By the video the character seems to be a crimson lance/raider with an amped up arm. Perhaps it is the "Bandit" wearing the Crimson Lance helmet on google images.

S

Shiro95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
finally some marks of the dlc. but in my opinion, for the long time to wait and the bad last dlcs they at least could include the character to the season pass. however, for the character i think about somthing like the guy from prototype with some genetic superpowers because of the "experiment". hope its not too melee, zero was already the perfect melee character in my opinion.
http://www.spieletester.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/prototype_2_27042012_9.jpg

I

Igotahalfchub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brick's focus in the first Borderlands was Melee, really hope they didn't recycle again, Zero was Melee enough in this game, and they basically took they Soldier straight from the first game also (No offense to Axton as a character).

S

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Hopefully the character is entirely melee focused and has some unique features to him. The stock characters are much too reminiscent of the BL1 cast. Zer0 is Moredecai, Maya is Lilith, Axton is Roland, and Salavador is Brick if Brick was a gun freak. Gaige brought a nice twist, but I didn't like how her whole skillset revolves around a summon like Axton.

If the new character is for the most part melee, it better have some neat melee skills that allow for combos, ranged melees (like throwing slag bombs or something), and the like, so the character's melee can compete with the other character's that specialize with their ranged powers and guns. That character better not have an action skill where he's just like using one or two different punches like Brick had in BL1.

Top Bottom