Lead to Xbox OneModding? (Opinion)

• Thread starter Paradoxesss
  • Start date
  • Views 1,736
P

Paradoxesss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this could lead to Xbox One Hacks.

1.)If someone could make a XeXMenu that is compatible with the Xbox One Developer Kit and completely finish it, then use their USB 3.0 to move the Xbox One Game Files to their usb so they could edit those game files through that XeXMenu and then Play the Modded Version of that game thorugh the Dev Kit.

2.) If someone could make another Xbox OS through the Developer Kit (kinda like when you are playing a backwards compatible game) and use a Custom made XeXMenu that is compatible with the Xbox One and Mod From There.

those were just my ideas maybe they could actually work. BTW, if anyone knows how to make a XeXMenu please PM me because I am very interested in learning.

C

Casp

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
If someone could make a XeXMenu that is compatible with the Xbox One Developer Kit and completely finish it, then use their USB 3.0 to move the Xbox One Game Files to their usb so they could edit those game files through that XeXMenu and then Play the Modded Version of that game thorugh the Dev Kit.
This would not work for a multitude of reasons that I do not care to explain right now, but I'll summarize them with this: XeX Menu does not function on a retail 360, and a variant of it would not function on a One devkit. It is also not possible to simply "edit" games on a PC. The fact that all of the game files aren't just centralized in one folder aside, there is a colossal amount of encryption in the files. I think the key is stored somewhere on the disc (or in the game's files if it's a digital download) but a thorough amount of checks are performed on the state of the game, both local and through a network. You would not be able to even boot the game. This is all entertaining the idea that you can just extract a game's code and edit it on a PC, which you can't. At least, not with a method this simple.
2.) If someone could make another Xbox OS through the Developer Kit (kinda like when you are playing a backwards compatible game) and use a Custom made XeXMenu that is compatible with the Xbox One and Mod From There.
This would require access to and then reverse-engineering of the myriad authentication checks the One performs whenever it's booted, whenever it connects to LIVE, and whenever a game is launched. This is also humoring the notion that someone can just whip out a clone of the Xbox OS (which I believe is linked to Windows 10 these days) like it's nothing.

Even if somebody were to perform these acts by other means, they would be C&D'd in comically swift order by Microsoft.

H

HexDecimal

Getting There
Reaction score

1.)If someone could make a XeXMenu that is compatible with the Xbox One Developer Kit and completely finish it, then use their USB 3.0 to move the Xbox One Game Files to their usb so they could edit those game files through that XeXMenu and then Play the Modded Version of that game thorugh the Dev Kit.

those were just my ideas maybe they could actually work. BTW, if anyone knows how to make a XeXMenu please PM me because I am very interested in learning.

1. Devkits do not have the retail prod keys. They can not decrypt retail games. Even if you decrypted the game and managed to edit the files, there are many hashes and signatures you must repair, not to mention re-encrypting the game. Since they don't have retail keys, you also have no way to sign XeXMenu for your retail.

2. The PSP will not allow a custom OS, unless you had all the needed encryption/decryption keys and signing keys. Which if you had, you wouldn't need to "mod" the Xbox. A custom OS would also lack the drivers needed to handle crypto and no chance of authenticating with Live. Live also has access to every console's boot logs, which would reveal your custom OS.

I don't know what you mean by "make a XeXMenu". You can do quite a bit with UWP if you know what you are doing. What do you want a "XexMenu" to do on Xbone?

64G

Meerkat
Reaction score

This would not work for a multitude of reasons that I do not care to explain right now, but I'll summarize them with this: XeX Menu does not function on a retail 360, and a variant of it would not function on a One devkit. It is also not possible to simply "edit" games on a PC. The fact that all of the game files aren't just centralized in one folder aside, there is a colossal amount of encryption in the files. I think the key is stored somewhere on the disc (or in the game's files if it's a digital download) but a thorough amount of checks are performed on the state of the game, both local and through a network. You would not be able to even boot the game. This is all entertaining the idea that you can just extract a game's code and edit it on a PC, which you can't. At least, not with a method this simple.

This would require access to and then reverse-engineering of the myriad authentication checks the One performs whenever it's booted, whenever it connects to LIVE, and whenever a game is launched. This is also humoring the notion that someone can just whip out a clone of the Xbox OS (which I believe is linked to Windows 10 these days) like it's nothing.

Even if somebody were to perform these acts by other means, they would be C&D'd in comically swift order by Microsoft.
TL;DR, Not gonna happen. It's not that simple or easy.

Top Bottom