• Thread starter Snappyfish
  • Start date
  • Views 614
S

Snappyfish

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

Just fitted a replacement laser for Lite-On DG-16D2S It reads a DVD and plays fine but not games.

I found the fitting very easy, removed anti-static point and just fitted it no problems.

Do I need to adjust the screws? I was hoping it would come not needing any adjustments? Could it be anything else?

Thanks

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Try low and high resistances and if nothing works it should be laser. Nothing left to break, except it.

S

Snappyfish

Reaction score
Sin$
So tried lower and higher resistances, never went abov 4 it did read sometimes at around 3.20 Still very hit and miss with more read errors than success.

Could any other parts of the drive cause any issues?

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
So tried lower and higher resistances, never went abov 4 it did read sometimes at around 3.20 Still very hit and miss with more read errors than success.

Could any other parts of the drive cause any issues?
Yes, it could be the motor, a belt or the magnet that is supposed to hold the disk in place. Can you take the magnet out and run the dvd drive open. If you do it try to see whether or not the disk is spinning normally.

S

Snappyfish

Reaction score
Sin$
Sent the laser back they tested and stated it was faulty!! At least that's is resolved! Time to order another and try again, can anyone recommend a good source to try?

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Try ebay. That's where I usually order tech stuff from, I've never ordered xbox 360 drive lasers.

Top Bottom
Login
Register