Laptop will only start in safe mode :(

• Thread starter azureus tigris
  • Start date
  • Views 641
azureus tigris

azureus tigris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as the title says, i can only get my laptop to start up in safe mode, when i try start up normally it gets as far as the log in screen, i put in my password and then it freezes. so in safe mode ive ran malware bytes and its found 14 infected files which ive delete so far, it wont let me open and run my virus scanner, when it opens i click scan and then the laptop freezes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i could do?

XoX

XoX

Getting There
Reaction score
as the title says, i can only get my laptop to start up in safe mode, when i try start up normally it gets as far as the log in screen, i put in my password and then it freezes. so in safe mode ive ran malware bytes and its found 14 infected files which ive delete so far, it wont let me open and run my virus scanner, when it opens i click scan and then the laptop freezes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i could do?

Sounds like a faulty driver. Try booting up in safe-mode and updating all your drivers.

Linux7s

Linux7s

Computer Problems? PM Me.
Reaction score
Try booting in safe mode and looking at your drivers, see if there's any red crosses or upside down escalation marks, these are bad and should be resolved fairly easily, another thing you could try and do is to run ant-virus, if you boot in safemode with networking, then you can get on the internet, so download AVG free if you haven't already.

Hope this helps.

Lukeyyz