• Views 267
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iM MAtT DiAz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My friends computer has some kind of virus called Win32/parite and almost every program he has on his laptop is showing as a virus on avg???
Please help..
And his computer always starts up with no taskbar or icons and we have to open task manager and delete the explorer proccess and then reopen it whats wrong....

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
iM MAtT DiAz said:
My friends computer has some kind of virus called Win32/parite and almost every program he has on his laptop is showing as a virus on avg???
Please help..
And his computer always starts up with no taskbar or icons and we have to open task manager and delete the explorer proccess and then reopen it whats wrong....

Have you tried using any other malware/anti-virus then AVG. Have you tried Spybot S&D, Hijack This, MalwareBytes, Avast, anything? First try downloading one of those programs and have them run a scan, then post back the logs and if it solved the problem.

This could of all been avoided by scanning the files first before executing them, and upgrade from AVG.

I

iM MAtT DiAz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If I heal all of the viruses will it delete all my programs?

B

Blu3 1ightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
quick little search for you

Win32.Parite.A/B/C (Information from BitDefender)
Symptoms:

• Sensible decrease in hard-drive free space;
  • A file about 180K, executable in temporary folder written in Borland C++;
  • Most exe files have over 200K in size.
Technical description:
The virus is a file infector that is composed of two parts: a small stub written in Assembler, appended to the files infected that decrypts the main virus body, also appended to the infected file. The main virus body is a PE file written in Borland C++ that it's dropped in the Windows\TEMP directory (or whatever location temporary files have on your system).
The virus infects PE files, and searches for files with *.exe and *.scr extensions, on local drives, network drives and network shares on local network. Because the virus appends to every infected file the main body, which is ~180K in size, there should be a visible decrease in free space on your volumes. The virus doesn't show it's presence in any way, and does not use email for spreading.
Versions A and B are mostly the same, while version C uses a somewhat tricky method of encrypting the original PE file's entry point. Infected files have the last section's name consisting of 3 randomly chosed letters followed by a non-printable character.
If in your exe files the last section name is .jbd or .xgt or something like that, then it's probably a file infected with Parite.
The virus does not damage the file it infects.
Removal tool:
Download Removal Tool from BitDefender's website

I

iM MAtT DiAz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I wish you could have replied quicker but thanks I healed all the viruses with avg and now none of the programs open...:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

A

Andy 371

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you sys. restored it to a bit before you obtained the virus?

I

iM MAtT DiAz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
His laptop has no restore points before this all started...

I dont even think he can open control panel

A

Andy 371

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
okay, and you say you have now healed the viruses with AVG which has caused further problems with what in particular?
Now does AVG report of there being anything wrong with your computer?
Did you heal the files or delete them?
(In your original post you had the one win32/parite virus,

I wish you could have replied quicker but thanks I healed all the viruses with avg and now none of the programs open...
what are these other viruses you speak of? A screenie of what AVG was telling you would of been useful.)

I

iM MAtT DiAz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They are all Win32/parite viruses and I healed all of them but now nothing opens up on his laptop

A

Andy 371

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
From this position, a format seems like all that can really be done...

Novaa

Novaa

Seasoned Member
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Download HiJackThis and post the logs here, I'm sure I can help you =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register