• Views 419
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xexperimental7X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
alright so ive been having a few problems with my laptop for a few months now, first is it randomly lock up and i have to hold down the power button to restart it and it starts up fine, other times when it locks up it says on the toolbar that its installing some driver? no idea what it is, second problem is when i play The War Z game the window flickers black, ive looked onto the forums about the problem and no one else is having it so its not a game fault and when im playing the show hidden icons window on the toolbar also flickers a person on the War Z forums says that the GPU could be a dud or on its way out or bad memory, when im playing BF3 the game stutters every now and then and ive got the settings on low (dont know if its cause of the GPU or not) and when im also playing Arma 2/DayZ i get bad FPS (could be the same problem?) ive searched about it and found a "fix" which was add

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"WaitToKillAppTimeout"="5000"
"HungAppTimeout"="5000"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control]
"WaitToKillServiceTimeout"="5000"

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
"WaitToKillAppTimeout"="5000"
"HungAppTimeout"="5000"

into a text file with .reg after it, it did sorta fix the problem with War Z but it now only flickers every now n then and show hidden icons window also flickers, ive got no idea what is happening with it and no idea how to fix it, dont know that much about computers and hardware and such so any suggestions here would be good.
here are the specs of my laptop
http://pastebin.com/xM420hdE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register