What's new

Solved Laptop Help

G

Geddes2305

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am looking to get a laptop for my birthday which is an upgrade from the one I have already (can't even run Minecraft). What kinds of things should I be looking for (specs) and what laptops are already out there that would be good? I have a budget of around £300.

Thanks in advance!!

H

HYX

Create your creativity
Super Moderators
Lifetime
Reaction score
Can you post the specs of your current laptop so I can maybe find something better for you? Or you can post the laptop model if you don't know the specs and I can try to help you out.

S

Snake

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am looking to get a laptop for my birthday which is an upgrade from the one I have already (can't even run Minecraft). What kinds of things should I be looking for (specs) and what laptops are already out there that would be good? I have a budget of around £300.

Thanks in advance!!
Hey bud, just letting you know you're going to get what you pay for with a budget like that. I say that because i recently purchased a laptop with a similar budget and im now having to return it because of limitations but let me further explain: I purchased a HP laptop with the primary purpose of entertainment with a side usage of music production and the one I bought worked really well for all of that, I am able to run FL studio while gaming and most of the games I play are newer, however I can't run the newest games with high ram requirements or require direct X 12 supporting GPU as I have 4gb RAM currently and the CPU is dual core running 3.5ghz but my graphics unit is a Vega 3 which is only 0.5 gb of VRAM which is poop if i wanna play the new Cods or even the newer role playing or action adventure type games. SO when shopping around if you're more of a gamer make sure that the graphics unit is one of their main focal selling points. i say you don't really need more than 6 or 8 gb ram but just get 8 to be safe and remember that storage is an issue too. this hard drive on my laptop is only 200 gb or something, so i had to buy another external drive to download all my games. and you don't have to buy a computer gamepad remember an old xbox or playstation controller will work for pretty much any PC game that offers controller support. Shoot me PM if you have any more questions

N

Navy Davey

☠️Rebel Without a Pause☠️
Super Moderators
Reaction score
£300 won’t cut it if you want to purchase a gaming laptop.
You will have to spend $1000 to $1200 to get something decent.
Check out the “Acer Predator” on Amazon.
You may be able to buy it in installments if you are a prime member.

Top Bottom