What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Solved Laptop Help

Geddes2305

Geddes2305

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everyone!

I am looking to get a laptop for my birthday which is an upgrade from the one I have already (can't even run Minecraft). What kinds of things should I be looking for (specs) and what laptops are already out there that would be good? I have a budget of around £300.

Thanks in advance!!

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you post the specs of your current laptop so I can maybe find something better for you? Or you can post the laptop model if you don't know the specs and I can try to help you out.

Snake

Snake

Content Team
Video Connoisseur CotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everyone!

I am looking to get a laptop for my birthday which is an upgrade from the one I have already (can't even run Minecraft). What kinds of things should I be looking for (specs) and what laptops are already out there that would be good? I have a budget of around £300.

Thanks in advance!!
Hey bud, just letting you know you're going to get what you pay for with a budget like that. I say that because i recently purchased a laptop with a similar budget and im now having to return it because of limitations but let me further explain: I purchased a HP laptop with the primary purpose of entertainment with a side usage of music production and the one I bought worked really well for all of that, I am able to run FL studio while gaming and most of the games I play are newer, however I can't run the newest games with high ram requirements or require direct X 12 supporting GPU as I have 4gb RAM currently and the CPU is dual core running 3.5ghz but my graphics unit is a Vega 3 which is only 0.5 gb of VRAM which is poop if i wanna play the new Cods or even the newer role playing or action adventure type games. SO when shopping around if you're more of a gamer make sure that the graphics unit is one of their main focal selling points. i say you don't really need more than 6 or 8 gb ram but just get 8 to be safe and remember that storage is an issue too. this hard drive on my laptop is only 200 gb or something, so i had to buy another external drive to download all my games. and you don't have to buy a computer gamepad remember an old xbox or playstation controller will work for pretty much any PC game that offers controller support. Shoot me PM if you have any more questions

Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
£300 won’t cut it if you want to purchase a gaming laptop.
You will have to spend $1000 to $1200 to get something decent.
Check out the “Acer Predator” on Amazon.
You may be able to buy it in installments if you are a prime member.

Top Bottom
Login
Register