• Start date
  • Views 3,238
GypsyCrazyBoy

GypsyCrazyBoy

Capitalism is a dirty business
Reaction score
Sin$
LamarPlayer-GTAO.jpg

The voice actor behind Grand Theft Auto 5's Lamar Davis is starring in a new live-action comedy series, Black Jesus, on Adult Swim, the network announced today.

Gerald "Slink" Johnson plays the role of the eponymous prophet in Black Jesus. The show is set in present-day Compton, California, with Black Jesus looking to "spread love and kindness throughout the neighborhood with the help of his small but loyal group of downtrodden followers," according to a press release. Black Jesus, which is executive-produced by The Boondocks creator Aaron McGruder, also features Charlie Murphy (The Chappelle Show), John Witherspoon (Friday) and Kali Hawk (New Girl).

In Grand Theft Auto 5, Johnson voiced Lamar Davis, the gullible and incorrigible but ultimately lovable best friend of Franklin Clinton, one of the game's three protagonists. You may be interested in this supercut of Lamar's best lines. Grand Theft Auto 5 was released last September on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and is scheduled to be available this fall on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One.

Ten episodes of Black Jesus have been produced. The half-hour series will premiere at 11 p.m. ET on Aug. 7. For a first look, check out the trailer.

What do you guys think? I think this is gonna be hilarious. And of course offensive to some people

EDIT: Vine star King Bach can be seen at 1:15 in the trailer.

Source:http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/18/5916167/gta-5-lamar-black-jesus-adult-swim

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Doesn't sound like Lamar at all. :thumbsdown: Seems like it'll be a funny show though.

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Definitely looks like the show would be pretty funny to watch. You can definitely tell it's Lamar as well :wink:

MR ROBOT

MR ROBOT

The empire on which the sun never sets
Reaction score
Sin$
Well..... That looks different.

Mason

Mason

The numbers, what do they mean?
Reaction score
Sin$
I kinda don't see Lamar's resemblance, but that may be because he's playing a role. I think I would love this show, I'll be sure to watch it the first day it premieres. :wink:

imrobertz

imrobertz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
bringing back that black satire that drops hidden truth like good times...nice...
john-amos-appeared-in-episodes-of-maude-before-good-times.img.png

Top Bottom
Login
Register