Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest,

If you are in need or looking for a modded lobby please check in the CoD: World at War Modded Lobbies section. Any posts asking for lobbies will be deleted as it is considered spam.

Thank you.

Lag Switching techniques

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World at War' started by Iconic, Feb 19, 2009 with 9 replies and 2,409 views.

1. Iconic

Iconic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok so a lag switch lots of people heard of and a bunch of people use but here is a guide for being host and not host.

INFO BEFORE LAG SWITCHING

When you start up your xbox when your connected to xbox live flip your switch a couple times to see if you disconnect continue to log in and flip the switch until you don't disconnect right away.(Note: How long you can lag for depends on how strong your connection is ; the stronger your connection the long you can lag without disconnecting.)

FOR HOST

1. If you flip your switch people will freeze up and you can gun them down or whatever
    2. if you flip the switch for just a second people will skip around the area there in and won't know whats happening
    3. flip it at the start of a match before people get in and your the only one in you can run closer or even to there spawn to get the jump on them. (this method is very hard to do)

NOT HOST (Note: if your not host and you lag you will be frozen in your spot)

1. if your in the lobby and its migrating hosts or finding hosts if you flip it at the right time your connection cannot connect with anyone causing you to get host.(This method is hard to do)
    2. if your in game you can use your lag switch as more of a tactical advantage. you can hide around a corner, flip the switch run around the corner see where enemies are and flip the switch off and know where they are at.
    3. to confuse the enemy you can just flip it on and off real fast and skip around to kill them.

2. vvSTRIDEvv

vvSTRIDEvv Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I prefer to kill people the old fashion way. No switch for this kid.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fokeiro

fokeiro Contributor

Ratings:
    what we need is a way to always get host and which is the right time for migrating host ?

4. OP
    Iconic

Iconic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    if you can time it right u will get host but like i said its a hard one to do i don't even have it mastered yet

5. Pancake Sprawl

Pancake Sprawl Newbie

Ratings:
    sometimes i can flick my switch and i can wait the whole 10 seconds without getting disconnected, but most of the time i get immediately disconnected. what's wrong with my switch?

6. fokeiro

fokeiro Contributor

Ratings:
    can u be more specific when it says migrationg host it start counting, do it at the beggining and wait how long ???

7. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:
    Bridging. :thumbup:

8. fokeiro

fokeiro Contributor

Ratings:
    i know but u cant always get it at cod since it change hosts every match if a lot of people leave

9. ganjajesse

ganjajesse Newbie

Ratings:
    gt - xOGx Mudbone

i have done this b4, i just need a easy way to be host every match

10. xI UnH0LY Ix

xI UnH0LY Ix Enthusiast

Ratings:
    THIS IS WAY TO HARD TO DO WHILE PLAYING. ITS KINDA POINTLESS. IT DOESNT MAKE YOUR SKILLS ANY BETTER PLUS ITS REALLY CHEAP. I WOULDNT WASTE MY TIME DOING T HIS.