Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest,

If you are in need or looking for a modded lobby please check in the CoD: World at War Modded Lobbies section. Any posts asking for lobbies will be deleted as it is considered spam.

Thank you.

Lag Switch

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World at War' started by Iconic, Feb 5, 2009 with 13 replies and 3,537 views.

1. Iconic

Iconic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    everybody knows about the famous Lag Switch(Magic Switch, Standby,etc.) and whats confusing to me is i had one for 3 months now and i decided to buy some momentary push buttons to make a cool switch or a mod or something and when i push it, it disconnects me so why does it not work? any ideas?

2. tomtoon

tomtoon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You might have made it wrong.

you should buy one instead.

3. OP
    Iconic

Iconic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    know i know how to make a switch there not that hard

4. IXI JAMWAR IXI

IXI JAMWAR IXI Newbie

Ratings:
    :smile:You may have cut the wrong wire.

Some peoples works on green and others on orange.

Orange works for most people though.

5. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:
    When you push the button, it should disconnect you until you let go. It may be possible that you wired it incorrectly and you have to keep the button pushed to connect, and release the button when you want to disconnect.

6. OP
    Iconic

Iconic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    it was connected to a light switch already so i know its the orange wire and no pushin it down is lag not holding it down and letting go to lag

7. ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    Maybe your wires are loose or not connected?

8. OP
    Iconic

Iconic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    no i figured it out i had to restart my modem and router for some idea i just followed the "best lag switch comp." on ebay and looked at there instructions because they have a push button lag switch

o ya i'm thinkin bout making my lag switch built into my controller kinda like a mod button any ideas?

9. ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    Idea is cool, but in reality it isn't really logical. There would have to be wires running to your comp. and Xbox still...

10. OP
    Iconic

Iconic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ya but have a long enough cable and it would be cool

11. ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    It sounds cool...every idea sounds cool at first, until you do it :biggrin:.

12. OP
    Iconic

Iconic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    well played corrupt idk i might do it but still 50/50

13. ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    Too bad I taught this to myself...I learned the hard way--well not the hard way, just the way that makes me look stupid...more than once. :frown:

14. jamesgatz

jamesgatz Newbie

Ratings:
    I have heard of some people attaching it to the battery pack on the back of their controller (You can try that if you're so inclined). That would be more idealistic rather than making it "built in". My lag switch is your average light switch that you just lay next to you. I'd usually operate it right next to my left analog stick. It's not hard or a pain in the @$$ to use it that way if you ask me.