• Thread starter idlehands88
  • Start date
  • Views 1,814
idlehands88

idlehands88

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Does anyone know why the UserSettings I download don't work when I rehash+resign them? I have tried 3 so far and none of them work :S :.( If anyone knows why please let me know.
I have tried to delete the update and put a fresh modded UserSettings on my 360 but that didn't work either.
Sorry if this a a common knowledge question, I'm new to the L4D2 modding.

Data

Data

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
idlehands88 said:
Does anyone know why the UserSettings I download don't work when I rehash+resign them? I have tried 3 so far and none of them work :S :.( If anyone knows why please let me know.
I have tried to delete the update and put a fresh modded UserSettings on my 360 but that didn't work either.
Sorry if this a a common knowledge question, I'm new to the L4D2 modding.

The mods only work if your host so if you got to campaign or versus(exsample)you would go to play with friends then you would press X to host a game, after a that put it on the level and difficulty you want then select private game.

Now that you have done that go to permissions and make it a public game wait for people to join or invite friends then before starting the game go to edit game settings(Not sure if thats what its called)and change the dedicated server to local then start the game and there you go the mods will work now.

idlehands88

idlehands88

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Do I have to have ppl in my game for the mods to work? Can I play by myself with the mods?

I

i317

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, but what if you rehash and resign then it says save corrupted? Thats the problem im having.

w0lfschild

w0lfschild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i317 said:
Ok, but what if you rehash and resign then it says save corrupted? Thats the problem im having.

Then you messed up while rehashing/resigning

idlehands88 said:
Do I have to have ppl in my game for the mods to work? Can I play by myself with the mods?

No you can always play singleplayer. Also if no-one is joining mp games but you want to start the game just use a guest controller so it will let you start the game.

All online games must be hosted on local server this applies to
vs
scavenge
survival
campain

I

i317

Reaction score
Sin$
I guess I'll use a different rehasher/resigner. Not trying to be a d***, but I'm not new to this stuff so idk how I would have messed up. I hit a button and it does all the work. Thanks anyways tho

w0lfschild

w0lfschild

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i317 said:
I guess I'll use a different rehasher/resigner. Not trying to be a d***, but I'm not new to this stuff so idk how I would have messed up. I hit a button and it does all the work. Thanks anyways tho

several people have used modio and it has messed up their save removing 100kb it's not that they did anything wrong. I use CONcept btw and it works fine.

M V P

M V P

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
w0lfschild said:
several people have used modio and it has messed up their save removing 100kb it's not that they did anything wrong. I use CONcept btw and it works fine.

I modded l4d1 and TF2 so I know how this goes. When I host a local server the buttons are all reset. Also when I choose MU which is where my user settings are it doesn't say loading it says saving content..... Maybe I did something wrong? My save is not corrupt and is recognised to be mine on the dashboard?

Top Bottom
Login
Register