l4d update fixed modding....

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by going down00, Jan 6, 2009 with 55 replies and 2,121 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. going down00

going down00 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The update fixed modding it make a new usersettings file when you start playing.

Anyone have an idea how to fix?

2. FATAL 213

FATAL 213 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I was trying to use some mods and up the are disabled..that bites it was fun while it lasted...:.(

3. Canadian Piro

Canadian Piro Getting There

Ratings:
    i know a way to get passed it.....but when I posted the mod toll and let EVERYONE on se7ensins know how to do it,I said that I was going to tell everyone how to get them to work online,but AFTER the update I wasn't going to tell everyone how anymore...I know how,and now i'm not telling,dont mean to e a "****" but I gave what I could,and now I'm not telling anymore......

and

and DONT ASK ME to paly with u........dont add me neither...

4. iwantthemoney

iwantthemoney Contributor

Ratings:
    WHY BOTHER POSTING A MESSAGE SAYING YOU AREN'T GOING TO SAY ANYTHING.

Just don't say anything... Same goes for when you keep Creating Placeholder Threads before you are ready to post the information! Thanks, but it isn't necessary.

:thumbdown:

5. bubblebuddyi

bubblebuddyi Enthusiast

Ratings:
    dont worry about it. Someone will find out and tell us.

6. HungSolo

HungSolo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    just play offline, you shouldnt have a problem then.

7. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    He dosen't have a way, don't play with him don't message him don't ask him about it. its funny.:thumbdown:

8. Xlx N30N xlX

Xlx N30N xlX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    lol, until I see PROOF I wont believe a word he says

9. FATAL 213

FATAL 213 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Sure i believe you :wink: yea you really know how :smile:
    Everyone just ignore that post very very immature

Im sure someone else will come along and find out..well you can always play offline.:tongue:

10. Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    Xlink kai dude.

11. OP
    going down00

going down00 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yeah i agree he dont know a thing he prolly dont even know how to mod in general. Why do people waste time and energy on being retarded.....

But back on topic i duno what they did exactly to stop it but im guessing that they still use the file its just hosted on a different place, but i duno where i tried blocking there servers but that didnt work so i think its still saved on the box somewhere. I may be wrong or i maybe right.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Edit i have another idea that maybe your settings are stored on your profile maybe if someone looked inside there xbl profile file they could find it mayhapps.

12. Canadian Piro

Canadian Piro Getting There

Ratings:
    that don work.xlink/kai dont got L4D....and it would be so laggy to mod on it you wouyld get dropped.....

13. OP
    going down00

going down00 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    both kai and xbc have it and i have done it. They work fine..... i vote you check into things before you post them.

14. Xlx N30N xlX

Xlx N30N xlX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just a question, how would you use Xlink Kai on L4D if there's no System Link Option?

EDIT: Nvm I know how, the only problem is that I cant connect, people cant connect to me, and I'm not the only one with this problem

15. OP
    going down00

going down00 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    it works but there is a ping limit. Microsoft set a limit on the ping so people couldn't use programs like kia or xbc. So unless you live near the person your playing it wont work.

16. Soulcealer

Soulcealer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    sorry for asking but what exactly is kia or xbc? and mods still work offline right?

17. Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    Mods work offline, Kai: Xlink Kai XBC: Xbox Connect, Tunneling/Bridging Programs for free online through System Link

• Like Like x 1
  18. Iceflame9

Iceflame9 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey peoples,

If you guys still haven't figured out how to bypass the anti-cheat thing, I know a way you can do it as long as you host the game

Host a game and stay in lobby, add friend's ips, set firewall to high and then it'll take awhile to find a dedicated server. Eventually, it'll just start a countdown 5...4...3...2...1. and then you can use your cheats =).

If anyone can find a way to get the cheats working while joining a game or something better it'd be cool to let us know. =)

Have fun :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    going down00

going down00 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thats what we used to do.....

or are you saying we have to keep it on high or something?

ill try it im sure it dont work.

20. Xlx N30N xlX

Xlx N30N xlX Enthusiast

Ratings:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.