What's new

Solved KVs don't work

eph

eph

@xanquilo on twitter
Reaction score
Sin$
For the sake of this thread not getting removed for breaking rules, I will just name the services I used as stealth Stealth Service 1 and Stealth Service 2.

So let's begin.
I was on Stealth Service 1 for a long time, loved it, loved KV life, whatever. However I saw that another stealth service, Stealth Service 2, had a free trial or whatever. Apparently SS2 had better bypasses. I myself didn't agree after being banned on the KV i was using after only a few hours.
I decided to switch back to SS1 and got a KV from a friend. I set my plugin to SS1 and then switched the KV via FTP. I rebooted my console. Instead of mounting/flashing/spoofing whatever via rebooting it simply just rebooted to the dash. I thought a new KV would fix this so I bought one myself and it still didn't flash. So no KVs will flash on my console and I cannot get online. Can anyone help?

Here's what I've tried:
New launch.ini
Redownloading SS1's plugin
Unplugging RGH from wall and letting it sit for about 7-8 hours.
Clearing cache 1 time, testing connection, putting new KV on, rebooting
Clearing cache 3 times, testing connection, putting new KV on, rebooting.
Deleting cpukey.bin and kv.bin, reboot, putting them back on, reboot.
Clearing all plugins, saving, reboot, putting plugins back on, saving, reboot, putting KV on, reboot.

None of those have worked.

Last edited:
ChillenMods

ChillenMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
bumpiguess
Try using the old kv that you had on there (If you still have it), reflash it, then you can go ahead and change it out. I have had somewhat of the same problem.

If you need anything else contact me on skype since I do not come on 7s often.

ChillenMods

ChillenMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you just use your stealth.
If you want me to respond next time, then tag me.
Try to reflash your nand using the updflash.dmp file that is created when you use XeBuild.
Then you can flash your KV using stealth.

eph

eph

@xanquilo on twitter
Reaction score
Sin$
you just use your stealth.
If you want me to respond next time, then tag me.
Try to reflash your nand using the updflash.dmp file that is created when you use XeBuild.
Then you can flash your KV using stealth.

the issue i'm having is that the stealth won't flash/mount/spoof at all. putting a new KV on the console then rebooting doesn't flash the KV and neither does pressing B when the "internet" sign lights up in Test Connection.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
the issue i'm having is that the stealth won't flash/mount/spoof at all. putting a new KV on the console then rebooting doesn't flash the KV and neither does pressing B when the "internet" sign lights up in Test Connection.
Try reflashing with your original nand and KV, then add the new KV to the HDD and see if it mounts.

eph

eph

@xanquilo on twitter
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright. I'll try that. Hopefully the dude who made my RGH will send me my nand dump soon :shifty: Shoulda made one when I first got my rgh

eph

eph

@xanquilo on twitter
Reaction score
Sin$
Might aswell add this since reflashing didn't work
The KV seems to flash with stealth/offline files that load and show an xnotify before testing connection.

Edit: It "works" slightly. I can view ads on the dash, etc but when trying to sign up for live or download a profile it gives me error code 8015000B

Last edited:
TheTempleKnight

TheTempleKnight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can still sign in to all of your accounts though? I had an issue that sounds similar to yours but I couldn't sign into any of my accounts, sometimes the internet wouldn't connect, etc etc.. With that said, I don't think this is going to end up being a KV issue. I could be wrong as there are some differences, but. Everything you've tried thus far, if done correctly, should have fixed any issues with a KV.

eph

eph

@xanquilo on twitter
Reaction score
Sin$
You can still sign in to all of your accounts though? I had an issue that sounds similar to yours but I couldn't sign into any of my accounts, sometimes the internet wouldn't connect, etc etc.. With that said, I don't think this is going to end up being a KV issue. I could be wrong as there are some differences, but. Everything you've tried thus far, if done correctly, should have fixed any issues with a KV.

I can sign into offline accounts, I can't make online accounts and the internet won't connect, etc.

TheTempleKnight

TheTempleKnight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya, it's more than likely an internet / network issue. You may have never had issues before, and more than likely this happened pretty randomly with all of your other consoles and devices working properly. I wish I could tell you exactly how or why this happens, but even I don't really know that right now. It's frustrating that I ended up fixing the issue without really know why it happened in the first place.

First off, if you can, try it on another network. That's what originally made me realize the issue at hand was not KV related. Try a direct connection to your network with a USB cable. I know you said you already tried it but go back to your plugins, wipe them, and re add them. What is the order of your plugins, btw?

Go into connection settings, set everything to manual so your IP and DNS are all 0 then go and set it back to automatic. Test connection, stop the connection before it connects to XBL, then restart the test and let it finish. Sometimes you may need to restart in there.

Hopefully that helps, it worked for me and my issue was exactly what happened to you. Good luck.

eph

eph

@xanquilo on twitter
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya, it's more than likely an internet / network issue. You may have never had issues before, and more than likely this happened pretty randomly with all of your other consoles and devices working properly. I wish I could tell you exactly how or why this happens, but even I don't really know that right now. It's frustrating that I ended up fixing the issue without really know why it happened in the first place.

First off, if you can, try it on another network. That's what originally made me realize the issue at hand was not KV related. Try a direct connection to your network with a USB cable. I know you said you already tried it but go back to your plugins, wipe them, and re add them. What is the order of your plugins, btw?

Go into connection settings, set everything to manual so your IP and DNS are all 0 then go and set it back to automatic. Test connection, stop the connection before it connects to XBL, then restart the test and let it finish. Sometimes you may need to restart in there.

Hopefully that helps, it worked for me and my issue was exactly what happened to you. Good luck.

I don't think you understand my issue. When I drag a KV to the root of my HDD and reboot my console, instead of it restarting again and mounting, it just goes back to the dashboard.

TheTempleKnight

TheTempleKnight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, indeed. Tweaking my network settings fixes that issue for me and multiple people I have sold KVs to. Not saying it is the for sure solution for you specifically. Just letting you know what has worked for me (and others). Good luck, though. :smile:

eph

eph

@xanquilo on twitter
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, indeed. Tweaking my network settings fixes that issue for me and multiple people I have sold KVs to. Not saying it is the for sure solution for you specifically. Just letting you know what has worked for me (and others). Good luck, though. :smile:
ive tried what you suggested and setting the stuff to manual doesn't seem to work, ill try switching networks

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
i know for me, i gotta log into my modem/router everytime i switch KV's cause it changes my MAC. took me forever to realize this at first. i had to login to modem/router and allow new mac address. this sounds very similar to my problem i had. check this.

Top Bottom
Login
Register