• Start date
  • Views 16,675
Homeland Secure

CrossfireTom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's all. :mad:

No, seriously. I've joined a bunch of random games and I can't avoid killing him. I've tried, but he's spending 75 percent of the game in FFYL. Terrible character design IMO. You can't shoot or blow up any other character but Krieg. If you get into it with a mob, Krieg is going down, period. I'm already tired of this guy. Just to clarify, I'm talking about me (Axton) accidentally downing Krieg left and right because he keeps getting into my line of fire. Glad I didn't buy this goon.

So, if you're going to play multiplayer with Krieg, get used to throwing dynamite...and lots of it.

Loc Dog

Loc Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been purposely killing Krieg in online games , it's hilarious killing them while they can't do anything back . I'm glad i didn't purchase him . :tongue:

H

HandofPestilence

Reaction score
Sin$
I would imagine it is fairly easy to not invest points in that one skill that makes him take damage from friendlies... Just saying. It isn't a character design flaw, per say, as much as it is people not thinking about a proper build with him. Fuel the Rampage is only worth it when you are playing with mates that can actually work together.

Almost all of his other skills make him well more than worth it.

SharpGhost

SharpGhost

Reach for the Stars
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Sinner Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
Krieg is likely one of the most fun characters in the game to play with. To literally say he's the worst simply because you're joining random matches and a bunch of kids decide to kill you instantly is incredibly ridiculous :tongue:. You can always respec your character beforehand and toggle that skill off. It'll bring him down a little in his melee build, but it isn't that much of a necessary skill.

Another solution is to just host your own games and kick anyone that attempts to kill you.

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
He didn't buy him SharpGhost SharpGhost , he just is seeing him go down all the time in games. And those people will eventually spec out of that after spending enough time in FFYL.

Just refuse to help them up... lol...

Also, I don't use that skill and I think Krieg is a blast! :biggrin:

Amatsuo

Amatsuo

Borderlands 2 Information Goddess
Stickied Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
He didn't buy him SharpGhost SharpGhost , he just is seeing him go down all the time in games. And those people will eventually spec out of that after spending enough time in FFYL.

Just refuse to help them up... lol...

Also, I don't use that skill and I think Krieg is a blast! :biggrin:
Fireplosions are godly as Krieg, but all the randoms think Melee is the best build with Krieg.

ZeroToned

ZeroToned

†††
VIP
Retired
Grizzled Veteran Bright Idea Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Krieg is my new favorite character. Most people do not know how to properly build him for melee.

GameUpOrShutUp

GameUpOrShutUp

Playboy, Youtuber, Philanthropist
Reaction score
Sin$
He's suppose to be a bad *** in FFYL that's one of the many things I like about his character when you blow yourself up you can get second chance when you kill your enemy, also if your going to max your entire tree out then take off the skill that allows friends to kill him that's the only downer, but smart people will use that to their advantage because he's useful in FFYL also and this is my own opinion you should give him a chance and buy him.You can't down something if you never tried it. He is indeed a Great addition to the borderlands 2 character selection

aeterna

aeterna

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
With Elemental Empathy 25% of the elemental status effect damage you deal is returned to you in health. Its not hard to consistently deal enough elemental damage that your health stays right full even when your shield is down, your on fire, and your in the middle of the **** and drawing all the agro. If your health does get low just Release The Beast to instantly fill it, and beat the **** out of even ultimate badasses with a few swings of your buzz axe. Then when it wears off your action skill is instantly full again.

Krieg is amazing IMO, really fun if you play him right. Not so much of a fan of the Light the Fuse skill myself though. I gave it a try and throwing dynamite sticks, or even committing suicide with a bundle of dynamite, doesn't do nearly as much damage as I can achieve with a gun in a regular fight for your life. Maybe it could work if I used the class mod that increases explosive damage and an explosive damage relic, it just didn't really fit my build so I feel better off without it.

Homeland Secure

CrossfireTom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks guys. I didn't know that it was one particular skill that caused that flaw. If someone leaves that skill off, I would find it far more enjoyable to play with someone using him, as I get a little wild with the gun and grenades. I was spending more time reviving people than anything else.

I still have no intent of buying a character that should have been free to begin with. Just saying.

fathom7411

fathom7411

Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks guys. I didn't know that it was one particular skill that caused that flaw. If someone leaves that skill off, I would find it far more enjoyable to play with someone using him, as I get a little wild with the gun and grenades. I was spending more time reviving people than anything else.

I still have no intent of buying a character that should have been free to begin with. Just saying.

I think it will get better when people learn how to really play with him. Once Krieg players start paying attention to their health bar it will be good. I think a lot of people still don't fully understand why their health is dropping so fast and dont actually expect it.

Just a question though as why do you think he should have been free?

Homeland Secure

CrossfireTom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just a question though as why do you think he should have been free?

The game is 8 months old, and the majority of serious players have played through the game three times with each of the original 4 (then 5: Mechro) characters. By adding the sixth character, that's an additional three playthroughs AAAAND...the DLC's. That's a lot of time to burn out on this game. I have only gone through three times (and all DLC three times) using Axton and Salvador...and that was enough. I'm not mad that they are charging for Krieg, as I have no desire to play as him. I just think he should be free for Season Pass holders.

B

Ben Jungblut

Reaction score
Sin$
krieg is actually really fun i still have only leveled him to level 18 and so far it has been one of the funnest characters for me to play. i mostly play my siren where im grabbing **** outta the air (would be sweet if phaselock worked like telekinesis IMO) but playing as krieg has given me a big challenge and also its just ****in awesome to throw whatever it is and to slash a mob of 5 guys down in 5 swings up close. i also agree that the skill for friendly fire damage is ****in lame which is why i did a respec

run632

run632

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hate him myself,only cost me 4 gbp though so I can not complain.dont mind giving gb some money..

fathom7411

fathom7411

Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The game is 8 months old, and the majority of serious players have played through the game three times with each of the original 4 (then 5: Mechro) characters. By adding the sixth character, that's an additional three playthroughs AAAAND...the DLC's. That's a lot of time to burn out on this game. I have only gone through three times (and all DLC three times) using Axton and Salvador...and that was enough. I'm not mad that they are charging for Krieg, as I have no desire to play as him. I just think he should be free for Season Pass holders.
I can see your point.

bl2modder

bl2modder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
he is a horrible character whats better so stupid dynamite or a modded gun!!?

Baconator119

Baconator119

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Character was much more disappointing than the Mechromancer. If you go into Hellborn than you can't even use Fire Weapons without killing yourself. Character wasn't flawed in its design, it does exactly what its supposed to do. Its just.. bad. For me anyways.
They could have at least added in a golden key. I wish I would have had a second thought before paying $10 for him :/

Top Bottom
Login
Register