What's new

Solved Kreon drive not recognised by software!

• Thread starter greyjulie
  • Start date
  • Views 1,311
G

greyjulie

Reaction score
Sin$
I have recently bought a [FONT=&quot]SAMSUNG SH-D162C DVD-ROM Drive and had it installed on my computer, it was installed as drive R, while my existing dvd rw dual layer writer is the master drive (Q), my problem is that although it plays dvd's, cd's etc perfectly and Xbox 360 games appear )and start up as a dvd initially ) my software- Xbox creator will not recognise it!
I have to click on ASPI on the drive for it to show up, but nothing shows up in the files! I tried ejecting and putting back in but no luck!
I bought the drive from a reputable source and cant figure out why it isn't recognised? It showed up as having Kreon firmware in one of the checks I did!
When i try to use schtrom 360xtract is comes up with a red "X" and says
"cant get feature list from drive! Its a Kreon compatible drive but doesnt seem to be flashed with the right firmware! Drive is used as a normal DVD-ROM!
The online store I bought from is one of the leading ones on the net, I have bought in the past for other consoles, so it must be something I have done wrong with installing the drive??
HELP!:.(

[/FONT]

T

TheMagicNumber

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ive already told him that in the other thread he started thats exactly the same as this one.
and your font is ****ing annoying.

G

greyjulie

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,
Firstly I would like to apologise to the Moderator for posting this more than once, I wasnt sure where best to post to get a reply, also my dialup kept breaking down, hence cutting and pasting in case I lost it before I posted!:S

I agree, the font is horrible, I tried cutting and pasting the info on the drive as it would have taken a while for me to manually type, the font of everything else changed also!- Sorry, I am totally contrite and apologise!:frown:

my drive was bought pre flashed with Kreon firmware from one of the leading internet mod chip stores(in the UK),I have bought prevoiusly from them and found them excellent. it says it also on my invoice it is pre flashed with Kreon firmware!
I tried flashing myself with SFDNWIN just to be sure but it tells me the firmware is not compatible with the selected drive!

I dont know whether it is someting to do with how the drive properties are set? It is being recognised as a DVD drive, plays xbox360 games as a dvd when you put them in!

could anyone please help?
I am totally confused!:.(

Top Bottom
Login
Register