What's new

Know of a FREE, unlimited online backup?

• Thread starter JoeMal
  • Start date
  • Views 317
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Does anyone know of a website or service that provides free, unlimited online backups? Everything I find limits how much data you can backup or you have to pay ungodly amounts....

A company we do work for just had their office burn down due to a lightning strike and they lost EVERYTHING.....needless to say I'm paranoid about my data and want to get some online backups running LOL

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think any company would offer free service like that. Anyone that made themselves a company for that would do so to gain some sorta profit out of it.

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I realize it's hard to come across....I found a place that will do it for $5/month, which really isn't bad....but I figure if I can find it for that, I can find it for free. You can make a decent amount of money with ads or other services so that's why I was thinking there would be something out there that's free

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah this is one of the many that charges around $50....thanks anyways

Abolfazl

Abolfazl

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
LogMeIn had a file manager service. they take the contents of directories in real time

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
jomal206 said:
You can make a decent amount of money with ads or other services.
I wouldn't expect a bunch of people to be looking at your backup thar, so no ad revenue. Backups are a service to you, and usually only to you. Whilst web servers can make money because it's providing the service to the general public, and therefore they can make money via ads since the general public would visit there.

David5534

David5534

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
I would invest in another HDD, it would be the safest and easiest way to backup all your data. You can find cheap them all over for good deals, I found a 18GB hdd for 16$ (Overstock.com) and it would be great to backup an OS and important programs.

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
David5534 said:
I would invest in another HDD, it would be the safest and easiest way to backup all your data. You can find cheap them all over for good deals, I found a 18GB hdd for 16$ (Overstock.com) and it would be great to backup an OS and important programs.

Right but what happens when your house burns down? That extra HDD isn't going to do jack for you...online backups FTW

David5534

David5534

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Take it with you? Or put it in a fire proof lock box (like 20$).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register