Solved Kinect not working on Jtag Falcon

• Thread starter craig5571
  • Start date
  • Views 1,886
C

craig5571

Reaction score
Hey,

i have a falcon JTAG and Kinect is not working. i have upgraded the avatars by applying the official update after verifying that i was on 12611. ( i am running dashlaunch 2.21, had to create a launch.ini to allow update)

it seemed to take and rebooted everything working fine, except when i plug in kinect it says some file are missing or corrupt. so i tried updating from cd instead of USB . still no luck, update applied but get error when plugging in kinect.

so i was reading that maybe i need to upgrade the nand to 12625, i did this with flash360 to backup nand, and used jtag tool and easy free boot.
( got this error WARNING: crl data appears to be crypted or damaged!)

applied the 12625 dash, worked like a charm no problems, then i applied the official 12625 update. rebooted again i get the kinect error about corrupted files.

so i heard the 13146 update was supposed to help so i went through with flash 360, jtag tool 3.13 and efb and upgraded the nand to 13146. (still got this error WARNING: crl data appears to be crypted or damaged!
) rebooted.

now i was on the 13146 dash, i then applied the official update and plugged in the kinect . i still get the error from the kinect the some files are missing or corrupted.

this xbox has never gone online. it has an internal 144 gb harddrive. it also has a external 1tb hard drive that it plays games fine from conected to the rear usb port. ( the external hard drive wasnt plugged in or attached to the usb port while i was updating) it just refuses to recognize the kinect.

do i have to do something with the profile to get the kinect to work?
xuid? i even went to the store to buy a brand new kinect in the box, to see if that was it.. and had the exact same problem. ( took the new one back since that wasnt the issue)

i verified that the cpu key was correct.. it has a dvd drive...
( i verified cpu key, by holding eject on dvd and adding fuse 3 and 5 together to get cpu key)

the machine i am running this from has windows xp..

i just am at a loss as to what it possibly could be..

here is a pic of the error i get, after the update and it reboots

http://twitpic.com/5ew9wb

someone told me the update has to be run from official M$ storage or at least something formatted to xbox format, is this true?

V

Vino

Undercover LV
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Wait what? Kinect isn't supposed to work with a falcon to begin with.

F

fakeiteasy

Reaction score
Craig, I just did this and had no errors. I dumped my nand in flash360 and used easy freeboot 5.20 to go to the 13146 dash. I then downloaded the 13146 official usb update and put it on a usb stick formatted for fat32. The update ran and I was good.

C

craig5571

Reaction score
ok ,
i am still having the problem, the update applies and then the system reboots and has the same error message about corrupted files...

does kinect work with a jtagged falcon? i have heard that it does...
any tools i could use to diagnose this problem?

the xbox works just fine for everything else.. just wont recognize kinect

007DONJON007

Reaction score
Did it work? I have a fake hard drive and a configured Usb for xbox. Will it work ?

G

Gamesharkcdx

Reaction score
If it’s a hdd you have added, you need to apply the partition 2 and then use partition fixer and then apply the update, at this point it should work.

Top Bottom