Kinda stupid, HTML writing

Discussion in 'Programming & Scripting' started by justuxapositional, Jan 4, 2009 with 4 replies and 197 views.

1. justuxapositional

justuxapositional Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well in my webpage design class i was screwing around with my computer and i opened a HTML document with Word (i think only 2007 but im not sure) and you can copy and past pictures and type words (Really?), and you can also format the words (diff color and size) and word will write it alllll down in HTML for you.

I dont know if this has been posted before or not, so moderators you can delete this if it is a repeat =)

2. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Sure you don't mean Microsoft Frontpage?

If not, that's pretty cool because I never noticed that about Word at all. I always used notepad to type my HTML coding.

3. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    He's somewhat right actually, I just tried this now. If you open an html file with word, it displays it like a web page, but you can modify it, and if you paste in a picture, save the file, then open it in a browser you see the web page and the picture. It doesn't exactly just simply put html in for the image it does quite a bit more. After copying an image into the file, saving it and re-opening it with notepad, it went from being a simple little 6 line file to a complicated 154 line file, and it created a new folder in the sama directory with the picture I inserted and filelist.xml Oh and the filetype stayed the same but the icon changed. Never really new about this.
    Pretty interesting.

4. Grey

Grey Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Allow me refer you to my signature
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

5. OP
    justuxapositional

justuxapositional Enthusiast

Ratings:
    umm well thanks haha and you can also use allll of MS Word 07 things to put on web padges like all of the cool graphs and the equations and everything =)

And yeah i noticed that the HTML got really really complicated:thumbup: