Killswich!

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by Life Without Walls, Dec 18, 2008 with 6 replies and 617 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Life Without Walls

Life Without Walls Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm not sure if I should post this or not, but whatever......

Every iPod has a killswitch, even iPhone.

All this does is force the iPod/iPhone/iTouch into recovery mode, no matter what!

What can you do with killswitch?

1.) I'm not telling you to do this.... but.... If you happend to steal a iPhone or iTouch with a passcode on it and don't know what is you could get passed it.

2.) Let's say you mess up your iPhone/itouch and it won't boot up or it just won't show up in iTunes.

3.) You don't want to pay for an upgrade but still want it.

Killswitch will delete your songs.

How to killswitch.

1.) Turn off iPhone/iPod touch.

2.) Once it's fully powered down hold down home and plug in the USB sync cord.

3.) The iPhone/itouch is now in recovery mode open up iTunes and let it take of the rest.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PAC ATAK

PAC ATAK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    its called force restoring and you spelled "swich" wrong i think you meant "switch".

3. Mag1c

Mag1c Since '06

Ratings:
    lol its called DFU mode, and if dont quickpwn and you pwn your iphone you generally have to enter DFU mode, im sure most if not all people know this by now! :tongue:

4. heytheree

heytheree Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That's not Kill Switch. Kill Switch is something controlled by Apple, giving them them the pwer to delete anythong from your iPhone/iPod Touch. To disable it, Jailbreak your device, install BossPrefs and choose to diasble it from there.

5. OP
    Life Without Walls

Life Without Walls Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok I understand all this but sorry guys not everyone in world knows what DFU means I mean come on not everyone that comes to this site "is in the now" like you ok? So relax and enjoy the posts I want to help people who are afraid of jailbreaking or want a way out ok? :wink::biggrin::tongue:

Oh and if you disable "DFU" that means you can't force restore it right? Ok what happen if you disable "DFU" and you brick your iPod and it boot up all the way or connect with iTunes? What do you do then? Get a new iPhone? Because that happened to me once and I had to force restore it. So really I don't think you should disable it.. It's just an idea....

6. warbo96

warbo96 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    kool must try that with my mums hers is Fuked

7. mrwickedd

mrwickedd Newbie

Ratings:
    DFU mode and Kill Switch is 2 different things... the kill switch like Ambaa said, is something that apple controls it allows them to blacklist and remotely disable third-party ****...the easiest way to disable that is with bosspref(which i have done), it wouldnt disable your ability to go into recovery mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.