• Thread starter Heathen Inferos
  • Start date
  • Views 1,254
Heathen Inferos

Heathen Inferos

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
This is more of a speculation, seeing as I'm the only person that I know of that this has happened to.

I was flying around in my Hydra during an Inverted Flying Freemode Event, when someone decided to shoot me down. So, I rewarded them with a mass of spawn kills in another Hydra, until a silent missile took me down. Whilst I was falling to the ground, I chose to take the easy way out, which resulted in giving him the kill, instead of saying that I took the easy way out.

I decided to test it out on the ground, so, I put a Sticky down, and just stood there. He shot me from distance with a machine gun, and it grazed my health, so I blew myself up, and that said that I took the easy way out (another update, there).

Then, I repeated, but this time, I let him get my health down to below half, and then blew myself up. This rewarded him with the kill.

With that, I think Rockstar have FINALLY fixed this bollocks system and will help out against those that do just constantly kill their self once they're damaged. Just shoot them once with a sniper, and you will get the kill if they die by any means.

Has anybody else noticed this happen to them?

supr420

supr420

#1CARCLUB
Fabled Veteran Glitcher Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh that sounds great! Hope this is true and that cheap coward tactic will be finally over.

Heathen Inferos

Heathen Inferos

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Still works for me you must of been lagging or something..
Eer, no. Lag doesn't give people the kill when you Take the Easy Way Out. But, I have discovered that it doesn't happen all of the time - check below.

Edit: Tried embedding the URL, but I'm blocked from doing so, for whatever reason.

Last edited:
T

The Sauce

Scraping By....
Reaction score
Sin$
I really hope this is true. If it is, I am going to royally f*** every K/D whore I run into.

T

The Sauce

Scraping By....
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah for sure lol. They really need/ needed to do something about that bs.

Seriously. A death is a death IMO. Ive just left so many fights(against bad/decent/good players alike) because they just run and suicide or instantly suicide as soon as they get hit. After a kill so you dont have cops and reduced health is one thing, but right in the middle of a gunfight is lame AF. If this comes through like I'm hoping it does, along with the new anti jet griefer gear, I wonder what the K/D whores will run to next....

E

EthanDanielsZA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually, this has been the case in death matches. It depends on how long it's been after being injured by the attacker. Give it 10 seconds or so. Can't speak for freemode.

As for flying... if you die in flight by any means after they hit the aircraft enough to damage it - even slightly, they get the credit for killing you.

A

Azekial

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If they patch ewo rewarding the last person who damaged you people will just start planting stickies at the ground and blow themselves up when hit in a sniper fight, or rpg themselves.

Heathen Inferos

Heathen Inferos

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
If they patch ewo rewarding the last person who damaged you people will just start planting stickies at the ground and blow themselves up when hit in a sniper fight, or rpg themselves.
I used a Sticky to kill myself afterwards, and the guy still got the kill.

Buut, it looks like that isn't the case, after all. It must've been something to do with the session I was in. Either that, or the guy had a modded account or whatever. His K/D was in in the negatives.

DISCODEVIL

DISCODEVIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I refuse to fight those aholes as soon as i see them do that, what the point, I come close you blow yourself up....yes i know your precious kd

ausernamez

ausernamez

Hooked on phonics worked for me.
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually, this has been the case in death matches. It depends on how long it's been after being injured by the attacker. Give it 10 seconds or so. Can't speak for freemode.

As for flying... if you die in flight by any means after they hit the aircraft enough to damage it - even slightly, they get the credit for killing you.
Same in freemode. Have had someone snipe me, didn't kill me, I fall off roof, they get the kill. This is not a new feature, has always been like that.

Activexre

Activexre

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In the end, nothing that has been said in this thread is true. Nothing has changed. Nobody knows anything. All speculations. Who gets the kill and why is unknown. If something happened one time it wont happen twice after reset. This is the story with this game.

Top Bottom
Login
Register