• Thread starter Jet1337
  • Start date
  • Views 382
Jet1337

Jet1337

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I use the Corsair Vengeance K70, but this Christmas my mom got me the Razer Deathstalker Ultimate.

I don't know which one would be better for gaming. Hellllllllp..............

xPhilip

xPhilip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I personally like mechanical keys and I think that screen thing on the deathstalker is gimmicky. Out of those two I am sure I will be more satisfied with the corsair keyboard.

Jet1337

Jet1337

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I like the mechanical keys, too. I just wanted to see if anyone messed with the Deathstalker.

Paragon

Paragon

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Grammar Nazi Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
Use the Deathstalker and give me the K70.

But seriously, if it was me I'd use the K70, provided it has blue or brown switches rather than reds. I want one so bad.

Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
My keys are red. It matches my PC.

I think he was referring to the switch type, not the colour of the key caps themselves or backlighting. The switch is what actuates under key press and sends a signal to the computer.

Cherry MX switches come in different colours, each color being a different type of mechanism. This means that a certain switch, say Cherry MX blue switches, are loud and clicky whereas the brown switches might be quite but require less force to actuate.

This is a Cherry MX red switch -
Red.gif

Compared to a Cherry MX blue switch -
Blue.gif

Almost every mechanical keyboard that you buy these days will feature Cherry MX switches, unless you get an old IBM keyboard or something that might have a buckling spring. There are quite a few different switches, red, blue, black, brown, white etc. each having different characteristics and a different feel to use.

If you do actually have cherry MX red switches and you know this then completely disregard what I just said haha.

Jet1337

Jet1337

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why would you want loud clicks? My switches are red, btw. Nice and quiet! Feel like I'm typing on hard nipples! Hard, grinding nipples...

LGTxPanda

LGTxPanda

Check out my custom controller shop!
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I have a razer anasazi and I enjoy it, it's loud but most definitely comfortable. But I can't say anything about the corsair because I don't have one for personal use. My brother has one and he begs me for my razer keyboard, so thats just something. Plus if you enjoy colors idk about the corsair but thee razer products can change.

Top Bottom
Login
Register