Key Vault question?

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding' started by Jeehs, Dec 10, 2008 with 9 replies and 626 views.

1. Jeehs

Jeehs Banned

Ratings:
    :cursing::cursing:I know everyone has been pissed off about noobs asking about KV's. But I was wondering how does a KV works. And if I have an Xbox thats been offline since the update, could I create a working Resigner?:cursing:I know thats wat ur doing right now.:cursing: But I mean this Xbox hasn't been on in 3 months.

2. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    just to let you know, people have alredy released working resigners/unbanned KVs

3. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    ya, resigners have already been released

but be that as it may, the search button is not there to be stared at aimlessly, use it

a KV is a file inside the NAND dump that contains keys and such that are specific to your Xbox, such as CON keys, DVD keys, etc. The NAND extraction can only be obtained with an exploitable Xbox, which is basically one of the really older first release Xbox's only. Plus, when you have that, you would have to solder a mod chip to it and do a few things after that.

4. OP
    Jeehs

Jeehs Banned

Ratings:
    THanks, I was just wondeRing

5. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    well, unless you come across one that has never touched xbox live since before the 4552. Then it's just as simple as updating it to the 4532, and exploiting it.

6. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    Or use the timing attack to downgrade to the 1888 kernel and then updating to the 4532 kernel.

7. lx leo xl

lx leo xl Getting There

Ratings:
    Timing attack is a load of ****. Most infectus2 chips won't work with idg tool and you still need a Xenon pre 2006.

In order to make it work you need an infectus1 chip and an old Xenon board. Even if you have all of that its a *****

8. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    Oh, I know man. And I know that he would never be able to do it. I was just telling him a way to do it. Just for educational purposes.

9. Eazy B

Eazy B Getting There

Ratings:
    err... he was offering the alternative to that. and also if you update back to 4552 you would have to downgrade again :wink:

10. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings: