Was this useful?

• Total voters
S

Scarlett Johansson

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Sin$
noeQl.png

Recently there have been large leaks of account details online, the last one I can remember was the ashley madison leak that exposed thousands of people and ruined many relationships (they were probably already ruined). Well due to these leaks/hacks I've decided to create a thread to help fellow sinners keep their accounts safe from unauthorised users.

There are multiple ways one can protect their account from unauthorised users and the simplest one is using a complex/strong password, I can not explain the importance of having a complex/strong password. Passwords are the first wall of security (depending on if you use two-step verification) to prevent unauthorised access into your accounts and if you are not using this security measure properly then you can't blame anyone other than yourself.

From the text files that have been released in the Premium Section (courtesy of Adolfin) I have seen a trend in the details, most users are using passwords that have 123, 69, 789, 555, 999, 123456789 and common words like camaro. These types of passwords are really weak and can be easily cracked, these passwords don't even have capital letters or any special characters.

If you are having trouble thinking of a complex password to use then just use LastPass Password Generator, these passwords are randomly generated and are not saved anywhere. This tool also allows you to select a Password Length and the Password Formula, the longer the password and the more special characters used the stronger your password is, I have personally used this for multiple accounts and what I do to remember them is write them down on a little sticky note and keep them in a safe place in case I forget.

The second wall of security is Two-Step Verification, it works by adding an extra layer of security to your account, like normal you sign in with something you know your password, but by adding Two-Step Verification you are adding a randomly generated code that is sent to your phone, this code can't be cracked because it changes every 30 seconds.

This method of security is even better than your password, but having a weak password could mean that if the site you are using has a loophole when recovering accounts then this may be worthless, but let's be real why would you not use a strong password after I've just linked you a great tool to get really secure passwords.

It by generates a random code either on a application that you have downloaded (Authy and Google Authenticator) on either your Android, iOS, Windows Device, Blackberry, Mac OS X or even Linux, yes Windows, Mac OS X and Linux devices are supported because Authy the cool app it is works on nearly all devices, you could also set it up so you just get a text from the website that you have set up the verification method on and lastly Google lets you use a Security Key which you can insert it into your computer’s USB port to access your account. Right now I only know several sites that support this kind of verification method and those are Microsoft, Google, Se7ensins, BitGo and there are many more I just can't remember their names.

Personally I recommend going with the application as you can get the code across multiple devices as opposed to relying on a single device. Authy even allows you to set a password on the app itself so if anyone gets their hands on your device they can't even get into the application. You can tell from what I've said that I recommend you use Authy over Google Authenticator because it has more features.

Those are the two basic forms of security that can be used by you the user to protect your account from unauthorised users. I recommend you implement both forms of security now because the internet is a dangerous place and hackers have no mercy when it comes to them making money or getting famous. If you need help with anything feel free to reply down below or just PM me.

Thanks for reading.​

Last edited:
Government

Government

Puddle Pirate
Lifetime
Hardened Veteran Contest Sponsor FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Very Helpful thread! I'll Double check my accounts after this and fix any of the bad passwords

hoopsure

hoopsure

cakes was here
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice tutorial. Very helpful. I make sure to use 2step since I found out about it.

hoopsure

hoopsure

cakes was here
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are having trouble thinking of a complex password to use then just use LastPass Password Generator, these passwords are randomly generated and are not saved anywhere. This tool also allows you to select a Password Length and the Password Formula, the longer the password and the more special characters used the stronger your password is, I have personally used this for multiple accounts and what I do to remember them is write them down on a little sticky note and keep them in a safe place in case I forget.
Is the app any good or should I use the website?

Top Bottom
Login
Register