• Thread starter auParkerx
  • Start date
  • Views 2,376
A

auParkerx

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Everyone,

Just after someone to help confirm with correct install on windows 10 after opening the GUI the terminal wont open or oppen any apps also firefox loads and crashes everytime thanks

Operating System
  1. Windows
Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Everyone,

Just after someone to help confirm with correct install on windows 10 after opening the GUI the terminal wont open or oppen any apps also firefox loads and crashes everytime thanks
Just need some extra info, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to get at.

I'm not sure if you're meaning when you run the kali linux WSL2 app if the terminal that opens by default isn't working, or if you mean after the terminal stuff when you're xrdping into the kali instance. Could you please give some further information for me please?

Frank

Frank

se7en *clap* sins *clap* review
Retired
Sweet Sixteen! Pumpking Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I am very confused... Kali Linux and Windows

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I am very confused... Kali Linux and Windows
Yeah, windows implemented something called WSL (newest version being 2) that stands for Windows Subsystem for Linux. It basically lets you "emulate" a linux system that you can run and modify using a shell terminal. If you really want to, you can also start it up like a server and use the windows Remote Desktop to remote into it and basically use it like a normal linux system. Nifty stuff!

Frank

Frank

se7en *clap* sins *clap* review
Retired
Sweet Sixteen! Pumpking Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
That's interesting no need for hard drive partitioning.

Crucify

Crucify

Let's do this!
Mythical Veteran Jokester AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
In my opinion, I wouldn't recommend Kali using WSL as a daily driver. Kali is a very complex operating system when using its built in tools and would rather use it on a type 2 hypervisor. Been there and never doing that again.

DEXAiM

DEXAiM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Everyone,

Reinstall

Top Bottom
Login
Register