Just want to be sure. Please read.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by yhzell, Feb 4, 2010 with 3 replies and 425 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yhzell

yhzell Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi there,
    I just bought my box a month ago and I am sure it is a Lite-On drive but am not sure which FW Revision on it. It could be 83850C or 93450C. Fortunately, it is flash with IX 1.61 firmware before (its done by a technician). Now, i would want to try flashing it myself. So my question are,
    1. Do i need to do MRA (soldering method) to retrieve dummy.bin info ?
    2. Are ix LT and ix 1.7 the same ? Should I flash the drive to ix 1.7 then load the ix lt when doing the firmware spoof ?
    3. I cant find any .bin file for ix 1.7 version in the .rar folder. I look for it at iextreme.net, the ix 1.7 apparently is LT.

Really confused here. Please shed some light, thanks in advance.

2. Cybergate

Cybergate Enthusiast

Ratings:
    got no expierience with flashing. :frown: sry bro
    Im pretty sure someone on here can help u.
    BTW I wouldn't flash my drive right now because M$ bans flashed xbox 360's permanently from XBL as soon as you get online....

3. djnuno987

djnuno987 Newbie

Ratings:
    open it it should say on the drive:

fw 7485
    fw 8385
    fw 8385v2 ** i think thats what it is
    fw 9345

im 80% sure all of the above can retrieve the dummy.bin info through SATA connected to a VIA 6421 if they are preflashed ( as long as its ix1.61 or before). as of the ix1.7 question, im pretty sure it was a rumored name for 1.61 before it was released..

4. OP
    yhzell

yhzell Newbie

Ratings:
    Thank you all, its clears up.