1. Data Breach Warning!

In case you aren't aware, there has been an extremely large data breach of emails and passwords posted online! This is just a warning to check and ensure that all of your personal accounts are secure and for you to update passwords where necessary!

You can check your emails and passwords here to see if they are apart of the dump, but we would recommend updating passwords as a precaution!

Please also ensure that Two-Step Verification is enabled on your account(s)! You can add it to your Se7enSins account here!
    Dismiss Notice

Just want to be sure. Please read.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by yhzell, Feb 4, 2010 with 3 replies and 431 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yhzell

yhzell Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi there,
    I just bought my box a month ago and I am sure it is a Lite-On drive but am not sure which FW Revision on it. It could be 83850C or 93450C. Fortunately, it is flash with IX 1.61 firmware before (its done by a technician). Now, i would want to try flashing it myself. So my question are,
    1. Do i need to do MRA (soldering method) to retrieve dummy.bin info ?
    2. Are ix LT and ix 1.7 the same ? Should I flash the drive to ix 1.7 then load the ix lt when doing the firmware spoof ?
    3. I cant find any .bin file for ix 1.7 version in the .rar folder. I look for it at iextreme.net, the ix 1.7 apparently is LT.

Really confused here. Please shed some light, thanks in advance.

2. Cybergate

Cybergate Enthusiast

Ratings:
    got no expierience with flashing. :frown: sry bro
    Im pretty sure someone on here can help u.
    BTW I wouldn't flash my drive right now because M$ bans flashed xbox 360's permanently from XBL as soon as you get online....

3. djnuno987

djnuno987 Newbie

Ratings:
    open it it should say on the drive:

fw 7485
    fw 8385
    fw 8385v2 ** i think thats what it is
    fw 9345

im 80% sure all of the above can retrieve the dummy.bin info through SATA connected to a VIA 6421 if they are preflashed ( as long as its ix1.61 or before). as of the ix1.7 question, im pretty sure it was a rumored name for 1.61 before it was released..

4. OP
    yhzell

yhzell Newbie

Ratings:
    Thank you all, its clears up.