What's new

Discussion Just got Banned, cant install games, dont bother xbl..

• Thread starter Efron
  • Start date
  • Views 6,040
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Efron

Reaction score
Sin$
I just got banned.. gues it happened by playing borderlands to early or something.. Completely my fault so...:tongue: **** happens. The only thing that i realy think that sucks is that I cant install any games anymore.. What can I do about this? a complete system reset or something?
I dont bother playing on XBL or something so thats not a problem.
What do i need to do now?
Thanks!

B

BNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You cant install games on a banned console, so yourl need a new one, sorry mate.

E

Efron

Reaction score
Sin$
So there is not something like doing a "factory reset" on the xbox?

D

Doomlord2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No, basically when the xbox finds itself banned it resigns differently, so I don't think you can use DLC either mate.

username22

username22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
(Posted by:: XanTium)

>> Kushan wrote a nice little article on #FW@EFnet summarizing all kinda info we have about the current (still ongoing) Console Live Ban Wave:

- What does this mean for you and what can you do about it?
Firstly, and most obviously, you cannot connect to Xbox Live on this console any more. This means no more game updates (aka title updates), XBLA games, marketplace content, netflix/sky player and so on. There is no way around this, all online capabilities are now disabled PERMANENTLY.

In all likelihood, your gamertag has NOT BEEN BANNED. When your gamertag gets banned, Microsoft sends you an email detailing why, if you have not recieved this email then your profile should be ok, to a certain extent.

Hard Drive installs are now disabled on the banned console. This means any disk-based games you have will no longer play off of the hard drive. If you attempt to play a game, it will tell you that it was installed on a different 360 and needs to be deleted/installed again. When you delete the game and attempt to install it, you are given a message telling you that it is not supported. There is no way to fix this, that functionality is simply gone from the banned 360.

The hard drive itself is left untouched - you can place it in another 360, even an unbanned one, and it will still work just fine. You do NOT need to reformat it to regain any kind of functionality. Any installed games will need to be reinstalled for the console you want to play them on. This is normal behaviour and happens when swapping HDDs on unbanned/legit 360's.

Windows Media Centre functionality is disabled. It is still possible to stream video/music content via the video library.

Your Gamertag may be corrupted. This does not mean your gamertag has been banned, you can recover it using any live-capable 360, however ANY ACHIVEMENTS YOU HAVE EARNED SINCE BEING BANNED WILL BE LOST. Your gamertag will be corrupted EVERY SINGLE TIME it is used on a banned console. This means you cannot use your banned console to play backups offline just to get achievements - it wont work, the second you put your profile back on a good 360, it will be corrupted and all progress lost. There is no way around this.

The same applies to game saves - if you access a game save on a banned 360, it too will be corrupted when accessed on a legit/unbanned 360! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! There is no way around this, either.

Your XBLA games and DLC will still be valid, however to play them on a different 360 you will need to be signed into Xbox Live. This is normal behaviour on unbanned/legit 360's as well. They may be corrupted and have to be re-downloaded if you attempt to access them on a banned 360. You can transfer all of your downloaded content to a new 360 here: Xbox.com | System Use - Transferring Content Licenses to a New Console however note that you can only do it once every 12 months.

So, in summary:
Your Banned 360:
* Cannot go on Xbox Live
* Cannot install games to the HDD
* Cannot use Windows Media Centre extender
* Cannot be used to get achievements from backups without corrupting your profile

You cannot do anything about this, short of buying a new 360.

There may be more functionality disabled than mentioned here, things are still being discovered.

- So what caused my ban?
There are MANY theories as to what is causing so many consoles to get banned this time, however as of yet there is nothing concrete, just a lot of circumstantial evidence and speculation. Please do not add to this, a full investigation is under-way.

c4eva, the main guy behind iXtreme, had this to say:
<+c4eva> fw itself not detectable
<+c4eva> suspect they are going hard on warez releases and incorrect use of abgx!

He also added the following:
<+c4eva> just to let you know that im looking into the current ban wave. I am currently running several brand new xboxs on live! These xboxs are in various configs. All are running ixtreme 1.61
<+c4eva> One is running original discs, another is running on xbl (no discs) , another is running a backup from my region!
<+c4eva> until tests are completed, no eta on liteon fw!

When we know more, YOU'LL no more, so please do not ask for updates!
A full transcript is available here - pastebin - Something - post number 1660777

Remember, if you really want to blame someone, blame the person that decided to modify your 360 in the first place - most likey, that would be you ;

Discuss this news item on our forums: forums.xbox-scene.com

A

asdfTT123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys,
If you have a banned xbox with a harddrive with DLC and game installs can you move the HD to a fresh unflashed, unmodded xbox can you retail all of your DLC and installations and have your GT and everything function like normal on the new xbox? I'm asking because I purchased a 360 Arcade just yesterday.

A

AnonymousModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
asdfTT123 said:
Hey guys,
If you have a banned xbox with a harddrive with DLC and game installs can you move the HD to a fresh unflashed, unmodded xbox can you retail all of your DLC and installations and have your GT and everything function like normal on the new xbox? I'm asking because I purchased a 360 Arcade just yesterday.

I'm hoping this is possible as well. I'm in the same position - buying a cheap Arcade on Monday to replace my sexy (but banned :.() Elite.

C

criminalwayz831

Reaction score
Sin$
asdfTT123 said:
Hey guys,
yes you can,my main 360 was banned,i have tons of dlc ,all cod4 cod5 map packs,all fallout 3 expansions,all gears of war 2 map packs,clothes i have bought for my dashboard dude, a bunch of t.v episodes like c.s.i an history channel stuff ,i have alot of stuff i paid for on that hard drive to much to write,so i switch harddrives with my other 360 thats unmodded an it doesnt read my profile, i look uup memory for harddrive an lookup the profiles on harddrive and it says my profile is corrupted,i transfer it to my 64mb 360 memory stick, and recover my gamer tag through xbox live on to the harddrive, an once it was done i was able to play all videos i paid for , i played all my fallout 3 map packs an call of duty maps expansions with out having to repurchase or redownload thank god, so with my same but corrupted profile i put on the memory stick is connected to the banned 360 and it reads it just fine it s not corrupted on that 360 so im goin to keep it there, the gamer score is the same so i will use it still for playing many games.i went almost two years before getting banned ,the ride was fun but now it looks like its over, i like playing online so im keeping that fresh unit unmodded but my banned unit will still be worked on .

A

asdfTT123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for your help but I can't really understand what you're trying to say. Can someone elaborate with better sentence structure? Do I need to get a memory stick or something for my new 360 to recover my GT, DLC, etc if my old console is banned?

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
So that guy is so sure firmware isn't detectable? He doesn't know that...

Also, lol at the typo of "center" over and over. Haha. I think that person believes that is how you spell it...

C

criminalwayz831

Reaction score
Sin$
asdfTT123 said:
Thanks for your help but I can't really understand what you're trying to say. Can someone elaborate with better sentence structure? Do I need to get a memory stick or something for my new 360 to recover my GT, DLC, etc if my old console is banned?
im saying that you can put your hard drive that was on the banned 360 on to a unmodded 360 without losing the stuff you bought and downloaded, but you will need to recover your gamertag and you dont need a memory stick to do that,i just moved the corrupted profile back to the banned console through the memory stick, because of the gamerscore, just so it wouldnt feel like such a waist.

B

Blu3 1ightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yes you can. you can only transfer dlc so many times though. also when you have a game installed on the hdd on one xbox it wont work on the other so you have to reinstall on the other xbox

O

OZ0NE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
xTye said:
So that guy is so sure firmware isn't detectable? He doesn't know that...

Also, lol at the typo of "center" over and over. Haha. I think that person believes that is how you spell it...

You sir are ignorant. Go back to grade 8 and learn about other countries. Just because the American way of spelling centre is spelled "center" doesn't mean its the same in all countries. Ever heard of such countries as Canada, Britain, and Australia? They use the
(as far as I am concerned) the proper way to spell. The same goes for the word colour, we spell it colour, you spell it color. Ignorant.

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I know that some places are for example colour...

Center though, if spelled centre, sounds like "sen-tray" which really doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register