Solved just fixed my disktray for my R-JTAG Now it's freezing 24/7

• Thread starter KC x MoDz
  • Start date
  • Views 335
KC x MoDz

KC x MoDz

Reaction score
Sin$
So I fixed the disk tray readjusted the laser but now every time I eject and close it keeps freezing what's this about?

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So I fixed the disk tray readjusted the laser but now every time I eject and close it keeps freezing what's this about?
Check and make sure all the cables on the drive are plugged in and what's the placement of the chip?

KC x MoDz

KC x MoDz

Reaction score
Sin$
Check and make sure all the cables on the drive are plugged in and what's the placement of the chip?
cables are all in and the chip is on top of the drive where it's always been. 
would show you a pic but I have put it all back together and I don't want to take it apart again unless I really have too, my disktray has never worked since I got the console but I adjusted the laser and it's working now. 
I just used it again and it's still freezing what could it be? everything is back to the way It was when I first got the thing. :frown:

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
would show you a pic but I have put it all back together and I don't want to take it apart again unless I really have too, my disktray has never worked since I got the console but I adjusted the laser and it's working now. 
I just used it again and it's still freezing what could it be? everything is back to the way It was when I first got the thing. :frown:
HuskerHeaven HuskerHeaven
Maybe he broke a soldering point, if its above the tray?
Is it mounted onto the disc drive?
I would take a magnifying glass and look at all the soldering points on the chip and then the motherboard

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Your gonna have to take it back apart to check that the cables are fully inserted. Small thing, but common missed thing. Second, if the chip is above the drive, you could have knocked something loose. Does it only freeze when you hit the eject button?

KC x MoDz

KC x MoDz

Reaction score
Sin$
yeah it doesn't do it all the time and the cables are defiantly in place could this be bad? Is it possible for me to leave it and do it later I don't use the disk tray much anyway, if not at all I was just testing it. 
HuskerHeaven HuskerHeaven
Maybe he broke a soldering point, if its above the tray?
Is it mounted onto the disc drive?
I would take a magnifying glass and look at all the soldering points on the chip and then the motherboard

Your gonna have to take it back apart to check that the cables are fully inserted. Small thing, but common missed thing. Second, if the chip is above the drive, you could have knocked something loose. Does it only freeze when you hit the eject button?
I Am on the jtag right now it only does it when I eject I don't think the cables are out of place I made sure they was in properly I will check later is it a major issue should I look now or can I leave it as I'm not using the disk tray and check after I have hosted this lobby for some people?

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah it doesn't do it all the time and the cables are defiantly in place could this be bad? Is it possible for me to leave it and do it later I don't use the disk tray much anyway, if not at all I was just testing it. 

I Am on the jtag right now it only does it when I eject I don't think the cables are out of place I made sure they was in properly I will check later is it a major issue should I look now or can I leave it as I'm not using the disk tray and check after I have hosted this lobby for some people?
When you get the chance open the console, (on slims the cables are hooked into the back of the disc drive, not sure on phats)
Carefully unplug the two cables behind the disc drive, blow into the ports and the connectors if you can.
Carefully re-insert them and once theyre in use a slight anount of force.

Also, you may have damaged a flex cable from the faceplate into the RF board, (again not sure if phats have flex cables, but they have the equivalent of a slim rf board)
But, I doubt you damaged the flex cord if one is available.

KC x MoDz

KC x MoDz

Reaction score
Sin$
When you get the chance open the console, (on slims the cables are hooked into the back of the disc drive, not sure on phats)
Carefully unplug the two cables behind the disc drive, blow into the ports and the connectors if you can.
Carefully re-insert them and once theyre in use a slight anount of force.

Also, you may have damaged a flex cable from the faceplate into the RF board, (again not sure if phats have flex cables, but they have the equivalent of a slim rf board)
But, I doubt you damaged the flex cord if one is available.
It probs just the disk tray right? the R-JTAG Is fine? I mean the cables are in secure from what I remember the disktray I put the cables back in my self and inserted them as you said nothing has changed maybe there was a reason my disk tray was not working when I brought it second hand my jtag is still usable I think I will have a look later once I have woke up properly lol I'm ill right now I'm using a PHAT, I think its just the disk tray but I haven't looked yet I don't know my self around this stuff I just like the computer/coding part of it and the fun of course thanks for your help guys I will get back to you on how its going once I open it up :smile: I'll take a few photos too :smile:.

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It probs just the disk tray right? the R-JTAG Is fine? I mean the cables are in secure from what I remember the disktray I put the cables back in my self and inserted them as you said nothing has changed maybe there was a reason my disk tray was not working when I brought it second hand my jtag is still usable I think I will have a look later once I have woke up properly lol I'm ill right now I'm using a PHAT, I think its just the disk tray but I haven't looked yet I don't know my self around this stuff I just like the computer/coding part of it and the fun of course thanks for your help guys I will get back to you on how its going once I open it up :smile: I'll take a few photos too :smile:.
Try to get pictures of the solder points on the chip itself :smile:

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Contact Husker haeven and link him the pictures, he will more than likely tell you if a connections good
(Cba to tag him :tongue:)

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
no there not mate I don't think but I repositioned the R-JTAG and it don't seem to freeze anymore tell me if this looks ok

http://imgur.com/TiXMXWp

none of the wires are in contact and there are all free I made some none of them are trapped.
It's not a yes or no question. They are there. What are they. LED, 12V fan? That's what your issue is most likely.

KC x MoDz

KC x MoDz

Reaction score
Sin$
That's probably drawing too much power when the DVD drive is connected causing the freezing.
Since I moved the Chip it isn't freezing anymore at least for now if this does happen again I will remove the LEDS I'm glad it was nothing major thanks for your help hulk I really appreciate it your a good guy :smile:.

Top Bottom
Login
Register