What's new

Solved Just bought an Xbox.

• Thread starter Rediation
  • Start date
  • Views 345
R

Rediation

Reaction score
As some of you know, yesterday was Queens Day here in The Netherlands, so there was this big market everywhere and such.
Either way, I got myself a Xbox with two games for $30, but I'm planning to mod it.

I have a few questions, if anyone could be kind enough to answer them, keep in mind that I have absolutely no history or knowledge with the Xbox, this is my first ''Xbox'' console.

1. What would be the best choice, soft-modding, or hard-modding (modchip).
  2. If going for modchips, which one should I get right now? (Give me a site so I can order too please).
  3. I have looked at a guide on how to soft-mod and to do that, I would need to buy a game, and a Action Replay, right? I have only my Xbox console, with one controller, and two games, no memory card or anything like that, will my soft-modding ''tool-kit'' be complete if I buy one of those games (007/Mech Assault/TCSC) and an Action Replay Max?
    (The action replay - http://uk.codejunkies.com/Products/XBOX-Action-Replay-MAX-16MB-for-Xbox---EURO__EF000473.aspx).
  4. Why does it say ''Xbox live not found'' whenever I try to connect to XBL? Everything is setup right (Cables, IP/DNS).

Thanks!

HF Over 7S

Liaaaaaaaaaaam

Contributor
Reaction score
Normal xbox doesn't have live anymore. I am pretty sure.

R

Rediation

Reaction score
Really?

Because I just posted something about my Xbox on another forum, and someone asked me to play Halo with him :S.

I MIKE C I

I MIKE C I

Getting There
Reaction score
Really?

Because I just posted something about my Xbox on another forum, and someone asked me to play Halo with him :S.
Yeah xbox live for the original xbox was taken offline on April 15th last year. I think there might be ways of still playing with others through tools similar to leaf but I am not sure. Just ask the dude on the other forum how you could play with him and I'm sure he will help you out.

R

Rediation

Reaction score
Thanks for resolving that issue.

Anything have any ideas on my other questions?

And if I would choose to soft-mod, where can I find the latest software to use?

Anubis

Anubis

Information Technician - PCMasterRace
Reaction score
xbins

Top Bottom