Solved Just Bought a New Laptop

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by mexkan, Jul 23, 2018 with 6 replies and 409 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mexkan

mexkan Shoot the J! Premium

Ratings:
    So I just bought a new laptop for the first time in five years. Its a Microsoft Surface Book 2. I work in construction and mainly bought it for the graphics and tablet feature. I will be using it for looking at plans as well as watching movies when I'm not working. I don't really game on PC.

I was wondering if this laptop will work properly for me. Would I be able to play games like Call of Duty on it if I wanted too? So far it seems solid for what I use it for, but was just looking for opinions.
    Here is the specs for the laptop:
    Processor: Intel 15-7300u 2.60GHz 2.71 GHz
    Ram: 8gig
    I can't find the graphics card info but I think its Intel HD Graphics 620. That is the lowest card the laptop can come with.

2. ImOx

ImOx (^._.^)ノ Retired

Ratings:
    There is no graphics card, the CPU has an integrated graphics unit.
    And sure, you'll probably get a game to run, but it probably wont be pretty.
    Realistically you'll never want to get any laptop for gaming.

3. OP
    mexkan

Ratings:
    You're right. I didn't get the laptop for gaming. Just a thought. still is it overall worth the price? ($1,200)

4. ImOx

ImOx (^._.^)ノ Retired

Ratings:
    Sounds very expensive to me, but maybe that's just what laptops cost.
    Sorry I have no idea about laptop prices.
    Only thing I do know is that desktops are always cheaper and better.
    So always get a desktop, unless you really need to have a laptop for like easily carrying it around of whatever.
    And I'm not saying you should've got a desktop. Sounds like you had a valid reason to get a laptop.

5. OP
    mexkan

Ratings:
    Yeah I travel for my job so a desktop doesn't work for me. Ou can buy laptops for a quarter of the price, but I've always experienced problems with them slowing down over time.

6. KnightWill2

KnightWill2 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Man 1200 USD is too much for a laptop that does not even have a decent built-in GPU. What you've got here '
    Processor: Intel 15-7300u 2.60GHz 2.71 GHz' is a low end (Low power series) processor. The GPU it should have is UHD 620, which is more then capable of running new games but at lower settings.

Here are some examples :

1) Fortnite at 1280x720, you should get 50+ fps

2) Fifa 18 at 1280x720, 50+ fps

3) Rocket League at 1280x720, 50+ fps

4) TitanFall 2 at 1280x720, 35+ fps

5) Overwatch at 1280x720, 35+ fps

7. DanX360

DanX360 Newbie

Ratings:
    600 dollars for a new msi laptop with a i5 7300hq and gtx 1050 2gb (not the mobile version) with 8 gb of ddr4 ram. But thats just plain gaming, if the laptop has a nice battery, i7, and a screen @ 1920x1080p 60hz with a touch sensor, it will be 800+ dollars.