Just a question about COD modding...

Discussion in 'Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare' started by joshandrok, Jun 20, 2009 with 3 replies and 285 views.

1. joshandrok

joshandrok Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Instead of modding your profile to play online, can't you mod the maps on the disc? I don't know if it's possible, I'm just assuming if you had flashed your xbox and are able to play burnt games can't you just change the values in the map. Like maybe skin it, or projectile mods? I don't know if this is possible I just remember back in the halo 2 modding days that you could mod on old maps by making a modded halo 2 disc... I just want to know if the same applies to other games?

Sorry if I'm hanging on to something that will probably not be possible in COD ever again, but.. Come on.. It was just so damn fun I want to atleast try lol.

2. xHaCkeRzx

xHaCkeRzx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No. The maps are signed by a 2048 RSA. Good luck by passing it :wink:

3. OP
    joshandrok

joshandrok Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ohh lol. This I didn't know lol. Thanks for the information. This can be closed now...

4. Gamer2284

Gamer2284 Newbie

Ratings:
    NO, you cant mod the maps, that is impossible, unless you have a Live Resigner, you CAN mod online on cod4 still, but that is something you kids cant know.