• Thread starter Lady Gaga
  • Start date
  • Views 486
L

Lady Gaga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So this is gonna sound stupid but can you jtag a mw2 edition xbox? And where are some cheap places to buy fully jtagged xboxs

Faultyy

Faultyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, you can jtag a Modern Warfare 2 edition Xbox. And as for where to buy, once you have 15 posts check out the B/S/T section on the site.

Styx

Styx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
How to check if your console is JTAG'able:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/271521-how-to-check-if-your-console-is-jtag-able/
To buy some see the B/S/T section of this forum. There are a lot of trusted sellers there.
But you'll need 15 posts to view it.

Yes, you can jtag a Modern Warfare 2 edition Xbox. And as for where to buy, once you have 15 posts check out the B/S/T section on the site.
No. Not always!!!!!

You have check your Dashboard Kernel and MFR Date.

L

Lady Gaga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks! So im guessing you have to be decent with a soldering iron to jtag?

Styx

Styx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks! So im guessing you have to be decent with a soldering iron to jtag?
How to JTAG a xbox 360:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/108432-how-to-do-the-jtag-hackdump-nandxell/

Check if you console is JTAG'able before you start though!

Jollyblue

Jollyblue

Getting There
Free Hoster Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It all depends on two things I believe. What motherboard you have (ex: Xenon, Falcon, Jasper etc.) And what dashboard your xbox is currently on. You can tell what type of motherboard it has by the power plug, refer to this picture~

identifying.jpg

As for the dashboard I believe it has to be at 7371 or around there. Hope this helped~ Best of luck!

L

Lady Gaga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a jasper and my dashboard is a 2.0.12625.0

So I cant right?

Jollyblue

Jollyblue

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe it would be to late to jtag your xbox then, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

But I THINK you could still flash your dvd-drive? Once again i'm still learning about everything myself but this is what I think. If i'm wrong please correct me ^_^; Thanks.

Also if you want a jtag when you get 15 or 25 posts you can go to the Buy/Sell/Trade section and get yourself one, xenons go for about 130-160$ roughly. If you have anymore questions just quote me or PM me :]

L

Lady Gaga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe it would be to late to jtag your xbox then, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

But I THINK you could still flash your dvd-drive? Once again i'm still learning about everything myself but this is what I think. If i'm wrong please correct me ^_^; Thanks.

Also if you want a jtag when you get 15 or 25 posts you can go to the Buy/Sell/Trade section and get yourself one, xenons go for about 130-160$ roughly. If you have anymore questions just quote me or PM me :]
What does flashing do?

Jollyblue

Jollyblue

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Flashing your dvd-drive allows you to play burned/ripped games on your xbox. Like if you rented a game from blockbuster, ripped the game from the disc and burned it onto a new disc, and then being able to play that burned disc and returning the original disc. Lol its for people who don't want to buy games and download them instead. I think your able to do this j-tag or not.

L

Lady Gaga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay thanks! I saw a video on Youtube of a guy running xexmenu and patch_mp.ff with just a usb and i got xex menu on my xbox but it wont open. Should i downgrade my dashboard? If thats possible

Jollyblue

Jollyblue

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
No once you update past a certain dashboard your stuck there, and it also destroys all possibilities of a jtag. That guy might have had xexmenu and the patch_mp.ff ON a flashdrive but his xbox was jtagged which allowed him to use those programs. You cannot use them without a jtag.

Victoria Justice

UnCle DiiGz

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
yes you can not down grade your dashboard because when you updated it it blew the efuses that are needed to run the old dashboard.

however if you figure out what mobo you have i believe icy tank has a service of somewhat taking a working XENON and only XENON mobos and switching something out and turning it into a jtagged xenon *must be a working xenon mobo* so if you really want a jtag you can look into that

L

Lady Gaga

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No once you update past a certain dashboard your stuck there, and it also destroys all possibilities of a jtag. That guy might have had xexmenu and the patch_mp.ff ON a flashdrive but his xbox was jtagged which allowed him to use those programs. You cannot use them without a jtag.
Well thanks alot anyway i would rep you but i dont think i have any and i dont know how

Jollyblue

Jollyblue

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
No problem man I had lots of questions to when I first got here and still do lol. And it would be the + - button at the bottom right of a post but it's fine lol, hope you stick around 7s~ Peace.

Top Bottom
Login
Register