What's new

Unsolved Jtagable Xephyr rrod help

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello I have a jtagable zephyr but everytime I try and turn it on it’s always 0001 error. testing with a multimeter showed that the power plug is shorting to ground. I left the console on for a couple hours and then the power brick turned red I opened it up and there were 2 burned smd capacitors I replaced the capacitors and ran 2 wires since 2 pads were burned away. Even after replacing the capacitors Im still getting 0001 error I’ve tried removing and replacing mosfets but nothing is changing ( I have also looked over the board multiple times and even used a magnifying glass but don’t see any shorts anywhere. I have tried for days and haven’t gotten it to turn on
Post automatically merged:

You know I was thinking it might be the plug since the plug is shorted or could it just be something blown causing it to short right there?

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello I have a jtagable zephyr but everytime I try and turn it on it’s always 0001 error. testing with a multimeter showed that the power plug is shorting to ground. I left the console on for a couple hours and then the power brick turned red I opened it up and there were 2 burned smd capacitors I replaced the capacitors and ran 2 wires since 2 pads were burned away. Even after replacing the capacitors Im still getting 0001 error I’ve tried removing and replacing mosfets but nothing is changing ( I have also looked over the board multiple times and even used a magnifying glass but don’t see any shorts anywhere. I have tried for days and haven’t gotten it to turn on

You know I was thinking it might be the plug since the plug is shorted or could it just be something blown causing it to short right there?
When the console is plugged in the 2 mosfets beside the (h)Ana chip get warm but not very hot but isn’t that normal or do you think I should try and replace the mosfets?

you should start measuring from those burned capacitors. Shorted component not always go with magic smoke.

https://repair.wiki/w/Xbox_360
extremely good resource for diagnosing and repairing xbox hardware.
Alright thank you

Last edited:
afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
When the console is plugged in the 2 mosfets beside the (h)Ana chip get warm but not very hot but isn’t that normal or do you think I should try and replace the mosfets?

Alright thank you
Hot mosfets - SHORTED. You can start test for short from mosfets.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
I never have really understood how to really test the mosfets but do you think that I could desolder it and then see if the power plug pins are still shorting? Heck I might even just replace all the mosfets from a parts jasper board haha
Use beep mode, COM probe (black) goes to any ground point (seen in the video), othe probe goes to drain, source and gate. And check if you hear beep, or using ohm meter below 3 ohms is considered short.

Drain is big PAD, top of the mosfet. Short legs are source and gate, but must seen schematics to confirm which is which. You can desolder it and check for shor with beep mode.

C

cg6554

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use beep mode, COM probe (black) goes to any ground point (seen in the video), othe probe goes to drain, source and gate. And check if you hear beep, or using ohm meter below 3 ohms is considered short.

Drain is big PAD, top of the mosfet. Short legs are source and gate, but must seen schematics to confirm which is which. You can desolder it and check for shor with beep mode.
Okay I’ll try it thank you :smile: I’ll probably try and work on it again later I’ve been working on it for a round 2 or 3 hours so yea..

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Super Moderators
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Okay I’ll try it thank you :smile: I’ll probably try and work on it again later I’ve been working on it for a round 2 or 3 hours so yea..
Yeah as mentioned nothing should be getting warm/hot on standby, and if you're getting 0001 and found warm components in the console, it's likely those are the culprits.

As above most multimeters have a continuity mode, which you can use to test if these components are shorted with.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
To fault test a MOSFET correctly, you have to completely "De-Solder" the thing from the 360's mainboard and test then using a multimeter.