• Thread starter jonathanuser
  • Start date
  • Views 9,039
jonathanuser

jonathanuser

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

so after the logic board of my dvd-drive broke I had to retrieve the CPU key through Xell to create the DVD-key for my new logic board. So I JTAG'ed the xbox and hooked a lpt cable to the motherboard. Read the NAND a couple of times and got some identical ones. Then I flashed Xell to the board and got the 0022 error...

I checked and redid the solder and also replaced the jumper wire with a 330ohm resistor. Let it ran again and the fan speed went up to 100% when booting and got the 0022 error again. Did another check and found out that I soldered the 330ohm to the wrong solder point J2D2.5/6 i guess... Redid that, but still get the 0022 error and fan speed running 100%.

Put the original NAND dump back up and then booted it up, which it doesn't because the JTAG wires were in place, but i didn't get any rrod and fan speed was normal... strange? So I could try removing the JTAG wires and

boot it up once more. But maybe someone has a idea?

I have an OPUS motherboard

Thanks in advance.

GModz Tuts

NSGxGaNgStA

Se7ensins Un-Official Lobby Verifier
Free Hoster Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Also, are you sure your xbox was jtaggable? I'm not sure if that would cause 0022 but anything is possible. Then again when I jtagged a non jtaggable (well, attempted, as I couldn't finish because its not jtaggable) it wouldn't even power on... untill I removed the wires. Maybe remove the jtag wiring after flashing the stock nand back and see if that works. But, I kinda doubt it will.

jonathanuser

jonathanuser

Reaction score
Sin$
hahaha, jup, wasn't jtaggable, so sucks indeed. Thought it was my only option and went way ahead of myself... my fault
dash 14719, cb 5773

so now i'm looking into RGH2.0, so thought of buying cool runner revC and J R programmer, but saw that the DemoN thing comes out next month, should i wait for that? Or do i still need coolrunner for that?

jonathanuser

jonathanuser

Reaction score
Sin$
Also, are you sure your xbox was jtaggable? I'm not sure if that would cause 0022 but anything is possible. Then again when I jtagged a non jtaggable (well, attempted, as I couldn't finish because its not jtaggable) it wouldn't even power on... untill I removed the wires. Maybe remove the jtag wiring after flashing the stock nand back and see if that works. But, I kinda doubt it will.

i will remove the wires tonight, the xbox turned on yesterday with original hand and wires in place, but wouldn't boot in dash of course

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
hahaha, jup, wasn't jtaggable, so sucks indeed. Thought it was my only option and went way ahead of myself... my fault
dash 14719, cb 5773

so now i'm looking into RGH2.0, so thought of buying cool runner revC and J R programmer, but saw that the DemoN thing comes out next month, should i wait for that? Or do i still need coolrunner for that?

Still need the coolrunner for RGH 2.0.

jonathanuser

jonathanuser

Reaction score
Sin$

you were right, wouldn't even power on without the JTAG wires... is that a bad thing? hehe

jonathanuser

jonathanuser

Reaction score
Sin$
You probably bridged some solder, or the NAND is blank/corrupt.
probably nand, couldn't find any bridges, strange thing because hadn't any problems with reading and writing of nand. think i will order the coolrunner tonight, see if i can make some progress with that.

or should I try to write the nand another time, just to be sure there is no other fault...

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
probably nand, couldn't find any bridges, strange thing because hadn't any problems with reading and writing of nand. think i will order the coolrunner tonight, see if i can make some progress with that.

or should I try to write the nand another time, just to be sure there is no other fault...
Write it again, just in case.

GModz Tuts

GModz Tuts

Se7ensins Un-Official Lobby Verifier
Free Hoster Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I would go ahead and re write your stock nand back. And yes, if I were you I would just get a coolrunner rev. C and solder it in, its pretty easy. But programming it was difficult for me because I programmed via lpt...

You don't need a nand x if you dump via lpt. Or a demon either. The demon is a dual nand option with a build in usb nand reader that is capable of reading the onboard nand and the second nand.

However... since you are already rgh'ing the console to get the cpu key, you could keep it rghed. And if you still want to play live on it, (and that's why you are replacing the drive) then you could keep it rghed... with a stock nand flash on the nand, then buy a demon or other dual nand option and put the hacked on your second nand chip.

This is exactly what I'm doing to a jasper I have right now :biggrin:

Top Bottom
Login
Register