Reaction score
Sin$
Great job guys, keep up the good work! :smile:

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
We are ditching our SourceForge download page now in favor of GitHub's releases system. This new system is much more convenient for us because everything can be consolidated under our GitHub project. The SourceForge page will still remain up for a week or two while we update all of our release posts.

New download link: [Click here to view this link]

Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Modder Fabled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
le plugins
This archive is meant to completely replace your plugins folder. Copy the contents to your \Plugins and Replace All.

Full, detailed list of what was changed can be found in the Github Commit: [Click here to view this link]
  • orangemohawk fixing and standardizing
  • fixed reach weap triggers size
  • removed hacky "invincibility enum"; set "base vitality" -1 and "targets" count to 0 now
  • added vitality and LOD values for all hlmt
  • removed incorrect naming in hlmt
  • fixed types in hlmt/mode node blocks
  • fixed codec offset in play
  • added missing languages in h4 unic
  • locale data labeled in every matg by orangemohawk
  • reach/beta trait enums mapped by orangemohawk
XboxChaos Link

Last edited:
Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
dbl poast
This archive is meant to completely replace your plugins folder. Copy the contents to your \Plugins and Replace All.

Full, detailed list of what was changed can be found in the Github Commit: [Click here to view this link]
  • fixed "inital" typos in various places
  • copied h4 shader names to relevant places
  • removed (hopefully) all instances of 0000XXXX and Testo names
  • actually has orangemohawks standardizing that avoided the last update
  • general maintenance on important h3,odst,reach, and reach beta object tags for cleaner extraction/injection
XboxChaos Link

Last edited:

01RGHKING10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am new to assembly and i need helping getting the mp maps on my computer. i just cant find them using xbox 360 neighborhood. I can open and modify the campaign maps but i just cant find the multiplayer maps. can someone please help me

Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
A month and a big ban later (RIP), more plugins!

Mediafire Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n17g59awo16f17j/asm_plugins_oct7.rar

• more injection-y fixes
  • mapped out H3 and ODST styl
  • work on H3 char
  • fix offset/name errors in various vehi
  • sound tinkering in h3/reach
  • various standardizings by OrangeMohawk
XboxChaos Link

Kam

Kam

Stw8 Wippin
Reaction score
Sin$
When I try to poke, I get the "unable to connect to your Xbox 360..." message, and this happens on both my Dev Kit and JTAG, I tried using both the name and the IP, both of which I am able to poke Halo Reach perfectly fine with Ascension, so I'm not sure what to make of that.
I'm having this exact same problem. Does anyone know why?

Edit: Nevermind, just a dumb mistake on my part. Had the IP set incorrectly.

Last edited:
Binary Lizard

Binary Lizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This program is quite good. The interface is very nice and i enjoy how much you can do with it. Excellent share. I'm glad its stickied.

swagman8

swagman8

Reaction score
Sin$
release_logo.png

screen.png

After eight months of development, we are proud to announce the first stable release of Assembly, a 100% open-source Blam/Halo research tool and map editor. It enables users to both research how the Halo games work and also share creative modifications that are made. Assembly was built from the ground up with four goals in mind:
  • Flexibility - Assembly is capable of seamlessly opening and editing .map, .mapinfo, and .blf files from Halo 2: Vista, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, and Halo 4, with support for more games coming soon.
  • Speed - Spend more time modding and less time waiting for trivial tasks to complete. Even the largest tags load extremely quickly with invisible fields enabled, and search and autocomplete features throughout the program allow you to find what you need quickly
  • Usability - We built Assembly using Windows Presentation Foundation and utilized modern UI design concepts. Thus, assembly is both easy to use and easy to look at.
  • Customizability - Don't like the default blue look? Select from one of four different UI themes. Don't like how the View Value As tool is laid out? Make your own meta editor plugin for it. Almost everything in Assembly can be customized in some way. Not to mention that the [Click here to view this link] to give you even more control.
Supported Features:
  • Beta versions of games are supported
  • Patch compatibility from Alteration and Ascension
  • Patches can contain name, author, description, and target map information
  • Voxel converter for creating custom Halo 4 loading screens
  • Plugin generator
  • Plugin editor with syntax highlighting code completion
  • Plugin converter for converting Ascension and Alteration plugins to the new format
  • Add support for other similar builds on the fly with XML
  • "Xbox Memory" sidebar for controlling your console and taking screenshots
  • Automatic update system
Maps:
  • Tagnames decrypted for all games
  • StringIDs decrypted for all games
  • BlamScript decompilation for Reach (soon to be all games)
  • Locale viewing and editing, with special characters (e.g. button icons) replaced with XML tags
  • Meta data viewing, editing, and searching
  • Meta data "View Value as" window
BLF:
  • Extract existing images
  • Inject new images
MapInfo:
  • Edit map ID
  • Edit map internal name
  • Edit map external name and description
Screenshots:

lSOmWd5.png

8hxPW9N.png

YX0iRtA.png

LCbN9hb.png

txMeBgx.png

btyyhei.png

Assembly was brought to you by:
  • AMD
  • Xerax
  • Thunder/Dovahkiin
  • Lord Zedd
  • DeadCanadian
  • SnipeStyle
  • gabe_k
With special thanks to:
  • Xenomega (Xenon.7/Detox)
  • Kornman00
  • CLK
  • DarkShallFall
  • Prey
  • Shade45
  • Anthony
  • KingDingDan
  • XenonDev
  • Gravemind
Finally, we also want to thank all who have been a part of research in the Halo scene over the past decade. Without your work, none of this would have been possible.

Here's to the next ten years.

[Click here to view this link]

Virus Scan

G

Great Instinct

Reaction score
Sin$
release_logo.png

screen.png

After eight months of development, we are proud to announce the first stable release of Assembly, a 100% open-source Blam/Halo research tool and map editor. It enables users to both research how the Halo games work and also share creative modifications that are made. Assembly was built from the ground up with four goals in mind:
  • Flexibility - Assembly is capable of seamlessly opening and editing .map, .mapinfo, and .blf files from Halo 2: Vista, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, and Halo 4, with support for more games coming soon.
  • Speed - Spend more time modding and less time waiting for trivial tasks to complete. Even the largest tags load extremely quickly with invisible fields enabled, and search and autocomplete features throughout the program allow you to find what you need quickly
  • Usability - We built Assembly using Windows Presentation Foundation and utilized modern UI design concepts. Thus, assembly is both easy to use and easy to look at.
  • Customizability - Don't like the default blue look? Select from one of four different UI themes. Don't like how the View Value As tool is laid out? Make your own meta editor plugin for it. Almost everything in Assembly can be customized in some way. Not to mention that the [Click here to view this link] to give you even more control.
Supported Features:
  • Beta versions of games are supported
  • Patch compatibility from Alteration and Ascension
  • Patches can contain name, author, description, and target map information
  • Voxel converter for creating custom Halo 4 loading screens
  • Plugin generator
  • Plugin editor with syntax highlighting code completion
  • Plugin converter for converting Ascension and Alteration plugins to the new format
  • Add support for other similar builds on the fly with XML
  • "Xbox Memory" sidebar for controlling your console and taking screenshots
  • Automatic update system
Maps:
  • Tagnames decrypted for all games
  • StringIDs decrypted for all games
  • BlamScript decompilation for Reach (soon to be all games)
  • Locale viewing and editing, with special characters (e.g. button icons) replaced with XML tags
  • Meta data viewing, editing, and searching
  • Meta data "View Value as" window
BLF:
  • Extract existing images
  • Inject new images
MapInfo:
  • Edit map ID
  • Edit map internal name
  • Edit map external name and description
Screenshots:

lSOmWd5.png

8hxPW9N.png

YX0iRtA.png

LCbN9hb.png

txMeBgx.png

btyyhei.png

Assembly was brought to you by:
  • AMD
  • Xerax
  • Thunder/Dovahkiin
  • Lord Zedd
  • DeadCanadian
  • SnipeStyle
  • gabe_k
With special thanks to:
  • Xenomega (Xenon.7/Detox)
  • Kornman00
  • CLK
  • DarkShallFall
  • Prey
  • Shade45
  • Anthony
  • KingDingDan
  • XenonDev
  • Gravemind
Finally, we also want to thank all who have been a part of research in the Halo scene over the past decade. Without your work, none of this would have been possible.

Here's to the next ten years.

[Click here to view this link]

Virus Scan
Not to sound like a troll but does it have flaming recon in their?

A

arms04p

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,

I used this tool to setup a mod map on for Halo 3. When i try to save changes while on forge as a new map, nothing gets saved. When I load up other players mods, I am able to save those maps. Would there be a particular reason why my map will not save? Please advise.

thanks,

-arms

Top Bottom
Login
Register