What's new

Tools [JTAG/RGH/XDK] [APP] Assembly - Blam Research Tool

llemmartdx

llemmartdx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Should be the last tab under Map Patcher.

fac799afa2a17fa21f60029d62825311.png

It gives me the option to apply the patch to a map and save it but no option to poke it.

Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Modder Fabled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
It gives me the option to apply the patch to a map and save it but no option to poke it.
Oh, the release version doesn't have it, then.
You'd have to build from Github then for patch poking, which you'll also want to store in an alternate directory because the current Github build is extra buggy due to a new tab system that was never finished.
Apologies.

T

TheLonelyRoad

Reaction score
Sin$
When I try to poke, I get the "unable to connect to your Xbox 360..." message, and this happens on both my Dev Kit and JTAG, I tried using both the name and the IP, both of which I am able to poke Halo Reach perfectly fine with Ascension, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

TKDK4

TKDK4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When I try to poke, I get the "unable to connect to your Xbox 360..." message, and this happens on both my Dev Kit and JTAG, I tried using both the name and the IP, both of which I am able to poke Halo Reach perfectly fine with Ascension, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

Have you properly set up the connection (Gone into setting and made sure everything is correct).

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have something to say about this recent "get your modded Xbox on Live for free" ordeal.

I poured my heart and soul into making this program. I stayed up late at night working on it. I neglected some of my schoolwork and my grades in order to get this done in a reasonable amount of time. I got into big arguments with some of the other developers. I spent some days bashing my head into my desk trying to figure out why certain features weren't working right. I even almost entirely gave up on this once. Why did I do this, you ask? Because I enjoyed doing what I did and I knew that it would help the community. I didn't ask for any material gain in return. My only goal was to make at least one person be happy by allowing them to creatively push the limits of the game. And I more than exceeded that.

Sadly, though, this program can also be used to gain an unfair advantage over others online. People can use it to create aimbots or force their Assault Rifle to spew rockets. People can use my pride and joy to ruin someone's day, and, thanks to this recent leak, not lose anything from doing it.

This makes me want to cry. It really does. Something which I had so much fun making is being used to make someone else upset. You have to remember that every single Spartan in your matchmaking game is being controlled by a real human being, regardless of whether or not it actually seems that way sometimes. And you never know what those other players might be going through in their lives. What if someone's only escape from a stressful day at work is to play Halo? And you mean to tell me that you're taking that away from them?

Before you go ahead and shout insults at me to try and be funny, I'm not the only one angered by this. Here are some quotes from Lord Zedd, the person who made the plugins allowing you to make your fancy aimbots in the first place:

Lord Zedd said:
It's always a depressing day when I know that someone is using my stuff to cheat online.
Like, straight up don't want to mod anything ever again kinda depressed.
Free online exploit, any old skid can now take assembly, and my plugins, and do bad things.

TL;DR: If you're using this research tool to cheat online, get out of here before Jay and Silent Bob show up at your front door. You know who you are.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm wanting to try a bit of an odd experiment, but my Halo 4 is in a Games on Demand package. Can anyone tell me the tag path/name for the soccer ball?

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm wanting to try a bit of an odd experiment, but my Halo 4 is in a Games on Demand package. Can anyone tell me the tag path/name for the soccer ball?
Should be objects\levels\forge\fw_gadgets\fw_soccer_ball\fw_soccer_ball under "bloc". Just so you're aware though, you can't edit the map files in your GoD package without invalidating the LIVE signature.

TKDK4

TKDK4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have something to say about this recent "get your modded Xbox on Live for free" ordeal.

I poured my heart and soul into making this program. I stayed up late at night working on it. I neglected some of my schoolwork and my grades in order to get this done in a reasonable amount of time. I got into big arguments with some of the other developers. I spent some days bashing my head into my desk trying to figure out why certain features weren't working right. I even almost entirely gave up on this once. Why did I do this, you ask? Because I enjoyed doing what I did and I knew that it would help the community. I didn't ask for any material gain in return. My only goal was to make at least one person be happy by allowing them to creatively push the limits of the game. And I more than exceeded that.

Sadly, though, this program can also be used to gain an unfair advantage over others online. People can use it to create aimbots or force their Assault Rifle to spew rockets. People can use my pride and joy to ruin someone's day, and, thanks to this recent leak, not lose anything from doing it.

This makes me want to cry. It really does. Something which I had so much fun making is being used to make someone else upset. You have to remember that every single Spartan in your matchmaking game is being controlled by a real human being, regardless of whether or not it actually seems that way sometimes. And you never know what those other players might be going through in their lives. What if someone's only escape from a stressful day at work is to play Halo? And you mean to tell me that you're taking that away from them?

Before you go ahead and shout insults at me to try and be funny, I'm not the only one angered by this. Here are some quotes from Lord Zedd, the person who made the plugins allowing you to make your fancy aimbots in the first place:

TL;DR: If you're using this research tool to cheat online, get out of here before Jay and Silent Bob show up at your front door. You know who you are.

I feel the exact same way. I am not a developer or programmer, I'm not a great modder and I know you guys work extremely ****ing hard to produce the programs, tools and files that you do. The reason I have so much respect for all of you (And while it may not be important, I do) is because you have morals and don't try to f*** people over or make a quick buck by ruining the online experience.

To the people who play online with mods to gain an unfair advantage, I am lacking words to describe how accurately I hate you for turning something that was made to be fun into a tool of cheating. f*** you and your 'Hacks'. I won't -snip- this quote as it is a message that everyone should see.

Respect the developers and their wishes, and most importantly, don't be a *********.

Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$

YfW3Oti.jpg

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Just double checking, but the soccer ball is referred to as soccer_ball by the game, correct? I can't get it to respawn via script, even with one already in play, but I can get things like the oddball or monitor to respawn. If I add soccer_ball to the ObjectTypeReferences in Megalo I get a "Map not compatible with this variant" in both Forge and War Games

Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Just double checking, but the soccer ball is referred to as soccer_ball by the game, correct? I can't get it to respawn via script, even with one already in play, but I can get things like the oddball or monitor to respawn. If I add soccer_ball to the ObjectTypeReferences in Megalo I get a "Map not compatible with this variant" in both Forge and War Games
As per "ca_forge_bonanza_Halo4_Xbox_megalo.xml" in ksoft, the entry "soccer_ball" exists in the object list, but like "spartan", there is no tag associated with it.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
And no tag = no way to spawn? Weird though, as the tag is at objects\levels\forge\fw_gadgets\fw_soccer_ball\fw_soccer_ball. Can't claim to know much about how tags work, but am I SOL?

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
And no tag = no way to spawn? Weird though, as the tag is at objects\levels\forge\fw_gadgets\fw_soccer_ball\fw_soccer_ball. Can't claim to know much about how tags work, but am I SOL?
There's a tag in the "motl" class which lists the objects that scripts are allowed to use. soccer_ball is in the list but its tag reference is invalid, so yes, you are out of luck.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Understood. Maybe I'll mess with the oddball's interaction properties and scale.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I am. But once the ball is deleted the game still can't find a forge object with that label, even though I have one hidden outside the gameplay area with that same label.

Here's the gametype as it stands for reference, with inline comments. http://pastebin.com/LutknuuP

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Two quick requests for someone who has Halo 4 all spread out on their JTAG to check. I need the sound path for the following two sounds if possible. I've listed the incident they're supposed to be attached to:

• grifball_score -- this incident works, but I just want to play the sound
  • stock_flags_collected -- the announcer never says his line, but I'm hoping it's still tucked away somewhere.

Top Bottom
Login
Register