Tools [JTAG/RGH/XDK] [APP] Assembly - Blam Research Tool

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
release_logo.png

screen.png

After eight months of development, we are proud to announce the first stable release of Assembly, a 100% open-source Blam/Halo research tool and map editor. It enables users to both research how the Halo games work and also share creative modifications that are made. Assembly was built from the ground up with four goals in mind:
  • Flexibility - Assembly is capable of seamlessly opening and editing .map, .mapinfo, and .blf files from Halo 2: Vista, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, and Halo 4, with support for more games coming soon.
  • Speed - Spend more time modding and less time waiting for trivial tasks to complete. Even the largest tags load extremely quickly with invisible fields enabled, and search and autocomplete features throughout the program allow you to find what you need quickly
  • Usability - We built Assembly using Windows Presentation Foundation and utilized modern UI design concepts. Thus, assembly is both easy to use and easy to look at.
  • Customizability - Don't like the default blue look? Select from one of four different UI themes. Don't like how the View Value As tool is laid out? Make your own meta editor plugin for it. Almost everything in Assembly can be customized in some way. Not to mention that the [Click here to view this link] to give you even more control.
Supported Features:
  • Beta versions of games are supported
  • Patch compatibility from Alteration and Ascension
  • Patches can contain name, author, description, and target map information
  • Voxel converter for creating custom Halo 4 loading screens
  • Plugin generator
  • Plugin editor with syntax highlighting code completion
  • Plugin converter for converting Ascension and Alteration plugins to the new format
  • Add support for other similar builds on the fly with XML
  • "Xbox Memory" sidebar for controlling your console and taking screenshots
  • Automatic update system
Maps:
  • Tagnames decrypted for all games
  • StringIDs decrypted for all games
  • BlamScript decompilation for Reach (soon to be all games)
  • Locale viewing and editing, with special characters (e.g. button icons) replaced with XML tags
  • Meta data viewing, editing, and searching
  • Meta data "View Value as" window
BLF:
  • Extract existing images
  • Inject new images
MapInfo:
  • Edit map ID
  • Edit map internal name
  • Edit map external name and description
Screenshots:

lSOmWd5.png

8hxPW9N.png

YX0iRtA.png

LCbN9hb.png

txMeBgx.png

btyyhei.png

Assembly was brought to you by:
  • AMD
  • Xerax
  • Thunder/Dovahkiin
  • Lord Zedd
  • DeadCanadian
  • SnipeStyle
  • gabe_k
With special thanks to:
  • Xenomega (Xenon.7/Detox)
  • Kornman00
  • CLK
  • DarkShallFall
  • Prey
  • Shade45
  • Anthony
  • KingDingDan
  • XenonDev
  • Gravemind
Finally, we also want to thank all who have been a part of research in the Halo scene over the past decade. Without your work, none of this would have been possible.

Here's to the next ten years.

[Click here to view this link]https://sourceforge.net/projects/assembly/

Virus Scan

Last edited:
Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
The description went over my head, but given the screenshots I see some abilities that seem exciting. Thanks for your hard work, and I hope the community puts this to good use.

Thunder Waffle

Thunder Waffle

Enthusiast
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Not going to say a number b/c we can all read post numbers. I wanted to say instead how proud I am of the work the assembly team and I have done. We hope to get some great feedback and to provide support where necessasary. The best part is we aren't done. We have so much more planned to release in due time.

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The description went over my head, but given the screenshots I see some abilities that seem exciting. Thanks for your hard work, and I hope the community puts this to good use.
For people who have modded consoles, this lets you edit the map files in the game and pretty much change whatever you want. Thanks for the support!

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
For people who have modded consoles, this lets you edit the map files in the game and pretty much change whatever you want. Thanks for the support!
Is it possible to force host on Halo 4? :biggrin:

Fierce Waffle

Fierce Waffle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it possible to force host on Halo 4? :biggrin:
Off topic. Assembly is a blam engine research tool. Doesn't involve networking(to my knowledge) other than its RTE capabilities.
(Is this post allowed[my own]?)

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Off topic. Assembly is a blam engine research tool. Doesn't involve networking(to my knowledge) other than its RTE capabilities.
(Is this post allowed[my own]?)
I know it cannot be done via Assembly itself most likely. I was just wondering if it was possible in general.

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I know it cannot be done via Assembly itself most likely. I was just wondering if it was possible in general.
If it is, it is most likely executable level, while this is about Blam! research and development (ie. the things listed in the OP that it can edit).

Edit: According to Github, I'm the first download, that doesn't seem right is their counter broken?

EpicError

EpicError

Getting There
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
BlamScript decompilation seems to be the most interesting thing for me. I'm waiting for support for other games, I'd love to see what's in these scripts.

E

Eerie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is pretty ****ing ridiculous. Thanks for all the work put into Assembly. I'm sure it'll be an amazingly useful tool.

Kebob

Kebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks guys for the release, Its been awesome watching this tool develop over the last few months.

Norb

Norb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm very excited for this, but haven't modded halo in a long time. I feel assembly will take care of me Many thanks guys! :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register