What's new

Tutorial JTAG/RGH - Update to the Latest Dashboard (Kernel 16747)

• Thread starter Chris7S
  • Start date
  • Views 16,027
Chris7S

Chris7S

Nerd by definition, programmer by trade
Grammar Nazi Chatty Kathy Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, today I will be showing you all how to update to the newest dashboard on your RGH/JTAG so you can continue to host! I hope you enjoy the video and I hope it is detailed enough that you won't run into any issues. Thanks and feel free to leave feedback or ask any questions by replying to this thread!

Having some issues? Check this small Q&A and see if your question has been answered!
Great video mate. You might want to add some stuff to the op such as the console is now shutting off after it boots.

A - Update your launch.ini file and XBLSE plug in

Do i have to unplug it for 30 seconds?
A - Yes this is to reset the nand

Can i use xell to update the Nand instead?
A - Yes you can but flash360 is easier and with following the guide I made you wont have any issues

Video Tutorial Created by Chris7S aka InModWeTrust360

Last edited:
XMonsterModsX

XMonsterModsX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Great video mate. You might want to add some stuff to the op such as the console is now shutting off after it boots.

A - Yes you can but flash360 is easier and with following the guide I made you wont have any issues

Maybe some more that i cant think of right now

Chris7S

Chris7S

Reaction score
Sin$

Maybe some more that i cant think of right now
I did not mention the launch.ini and XBLSE update because it is in my next video. Also, you do not have to unplug the console for 30 seconds. I left it off for 15-30 seconds and booted and everything worked perfectly. But thanks for the feedback man and the pointers as well! I will add that info to the OP in case users run into those issues.

Hitomi Tanaka

Hitomi Tanaka

❤Boobie-Chan❤
Grizzled Veteran Services Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
I personally think its easier to place the updflash.bin on a USB thumb drive place it in my console, and press eject. Also re-maps any bad blocks automagically. Alas, this only works for those who have a DVD drive in their console.
XMonsterModsX XMonsterModsX

Chris7S

Chris7S

Reaction score
Sin$
I personally think its easier to place the updflash.bin on a USB thumb drive place it in my console, and press eject. Also re-maps any bad blocks automagically. Alas, this only works for those who have a DVD drive in their console.
XMonsterModsX XMonsterModsX
That is true but Flash360 will show if there are any bad NAND blocks and then all you have to do is upload via Xell/Xellous.

G

glogang

Reaction score
Sin$
I did all this and now my JTAG boots to 360 screen then powers off.

ryanhill4L

ryanhill4L

Reaction score
Sin$
I just JTAG'd my Xbox and I am on 2.0.6717.0. Am I still capable of doing it this same way or is there other steps I must do first?

Chris7S

Chris7S

Reaction score
Sin$
I just JTAG'd my Xbox and I am on 2.0.6717.0. Am I still capable of doing it this same way or is there other steps I must do first?
I was able to update to 16547 from that kernel so I think you can upgrade to 16747.

Top Bottom
Login
Register