• Start date
  • Views 1,413,928
oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea as I've gotten good at soldering and am no longer worried about that the part I am actually most nervous about is taking the slim apart
LOL if that is all your afraid of you'll be fine. It is a little harder than dissembling the phat but not too bad. Most annoying part is getting the bottom off (the sides are a the 2nd worst).

DarkLordoftheSith

TheWiemanizer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
LOL if that is all your afraid of you'll be fine. It is a little harder than dissembling the phat but not too bad. Most annoying part is getting the bottom off (the sides are a the 2nd worst).
I'm guessing the points will won't usually need anymore solder on slims most of the time right?

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright its not a big deal. I guess I lied I am a little nervous about the soldering still haha
Lol. My first job was an xbox (which people shouldn't do but eh I did) and it was alright. Just go slow, use rosin core leaded solder, use a flux pen if you want, wipe the points in isopropyl before hand, etc.

DarkLordoftheSith

TheWiemanizer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol. My first job was an xbox (which people shouldn't do but eh I did) and it was alright. Just go slow, use rosin core leaded solder, use a flux pen if you want, wipe the points in isopropyl before hand, etc.
is the QSB worth it?

DarkLordoftheSith

TheWiemanizer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya for 10 bucks they are pretty nice. Makes dumping the NAND easy and is more organized. Again you don't need them but for your fist time i would recommend them.
Thank you for your help :biggrin: last question: any good video tutorials that you would recommend?

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for your help :biggrin: last question: any good video tutorials that you would recommend?
No sorry. I don't do video tutorials because there is no sense of location. You don't know if skipping five minutes ahead will go through the guy talking or half the material. So I wouldn't know of any.

DarkLordoftheSith

TheWiemanizer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No sorry. I don't do video tutorials because there is no sense of location. You don't know if skipping five minutes ahead will go through the guy talking or half the material. So I wouldn't know of any.
can I take the ribbon cable thing connected to the touch sensitive pad off or not some people say you can others say you cant

T

TRoN01

Reaction score
Sin$
Fantastic guide. I Looked everywhere for a comprehensive guide like this(all the usually places) and this is THE ONE! I finally Jtagged my xenon and everything seems fine. When I put it all together to test, I forgot to connect the HDD. Now that I connect it, I get the red led flashing(number 4?) and error code 68. Without the HDD it boots fine. I think it did the same error a few times before I jtagged it. Can I erase/format it in Windows to fix it?

Thanks
TRoN

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Fantastic guide. I Looked everywhere for a comprehensive guide like this(all the usually places) and this is THE ONE! I finally Jtagged my xenon and everything seems fine. When I put it all together to test, I forgot to connect the HDD. Now that I connect it, I get the red led flashing(number 4?) and error code 68. Without the HDD it boots fine. I think it did the same error a few times before I jtagged it. Can I erase/format it in Windows to fix it?

Thanks
TRoN
You can format it as fat32 in windows to give it a shot.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
12/17/12 - Added information on Corona V3/4, Fixed flow chart type, prepared tut for DGX and POST_OUT Fix release

itsbighead

itsbighead

Reaction score
Sin$
would you by any change know how to install a coolrunner qsb v3 on corona. The picture you provided isnt really clear enough to look at when installing

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
would you by any change know how to install a coolrunner qsb v3 on corona. The picture you provided isnt really clear enough to look at when installing
Sorry I have not done one myself. You just gotta but it in that area and then line it up so the contacts each have a point under them. That is how you will know it is right.

Top Bottom
Login
Register