Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwack

Dwack

Now employed at Dominoes!
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So I haven't really been editing MW2 much anymore, but I wanted to give the patch a new feel. So I added a CustomClass Editor and persistent ban functions. Now whenever I try to load my patch it restarts my JTAG.

It only happens when I try to load the patch I just edited, others works fine.

I am sure someone else has had this happen and might be able to give me a little refresher.

I am just totally brain farting right now and can't figure out what would cause this.

Thanks!

renegade770

renegade770

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ive had that happen to me too, im pretty sure its caused by having a file size that is larger than it originally was (too much code in missions.gsc).
try adding it to an empty patch, and see if it will load. if it doesnt, something is terribly wrong with the code.

Upvote 0
Dwack

Dwack

Now employed at Dominoes!
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
ive had that happen to me too, im pretty sure its caused by having a file size that is larger than it originally was (too much code in missions.gsc).
try adding it to an empty patch, and see if it will load. if it doesnt, something is terribly wrong with the code.

I know the code is right. So I copied everything over into a freshly downloaded clean patch, it loads. So I am at a loss. lol

Only thing I can think of that could have caused this is I tried to save when I was larger then the original size. I think it might corrupt the file.

Thanks for the response, +1

Upvote 0
S

s7 SoNiiC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive never heard of this but some cause might be
:To much code overloads file size
:Error When writing new codes in
:Something wrong with the patch itself

good luck on the fix