Jtag questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by MojoDex, Feb 6, 2010 with 7 replies and 1,013 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MojoDex

MojoDex Newbie

Ratings:
    i have been offered a jtagged jasper xbox banned from xbox live. i have been told that hard drive function has been restored. apparantly this is removed when a jtag gets banned? firstly is it possibly to restore this function?

second can i literally drop games iso files onto a hard drive and play them right off it? i have had a read of the jtag topics about but cant find the answers im looking for. sorry if i missed it

any and all help greatly appreciated:biggrin:

2. Lead InYo Face

Lead InYo Face Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have heard that after a ban you can restore your HDD but cannot conform. As for booting iso's off your HDD its possible as long as XeX loader or some other boot software is installed.

3. OP
    MojoDex

MojoDex Newbie

Ratings:
    what do you mean by cannot conform?

information on jtags just seems to be very hard to come by compared with flashing. can a jtag just play burned games? i just cant find the info!

is it also possible to move my actual gamer profile back and forth fro0m my legit console to a jtag? presumably i would need a con flag remover but can it be done?

4. Lead InYo Face

Ratings:
    I mean cannot conform that HDD's can actually be restored. I have heard stories but never actually tried. Do you have two separate hard drives? you can plug the hard drive with your actual profile into your JTagged box and play like that. or if you want the files for your actual account on your jtag and main HDD you can use a transfer cable and xport360 to make a copy from one hdd and paste it to another

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    MojoDex

MojoDex Newbie

Ratings:
    i would get another hard drive, i was thinking more along the line of making sure my achievements all go onto the same gamertag is all. i know that stuff used on a jtagged console get flagged and wont work on legit xboxes. or so im told. so id rather just shift what i want across rather than have to unflag the entire contents on a hard drive lol!

want to figure out the ins and outs of jatgging though before i commit myself this console :thumbup:

6. Lead InYo Face

Ratings:
    I'm pretty sure you could use a transfer cable to transfer the account files over to the jtagged xbox. but i could be wrong so don't quote me lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. TBxPRO

TBxPRO Newbie

Ratings:
    Make a New account.

8. synmuffin

synmuffin Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yes ALL functionality can be restored to a banned jtagged box.