What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Solved JTAG Question

• Thread starter L for ReeT4RD
  • Start date
  • Views 438
L

L for ReeT4RD

Reaction score
Sin$
I am condsidering buying a JTAG XBOX 360 and have some questions about it.
1.) What are the differences between the different consoles? (xenon, zephyr, etc)
2.) What can I do with a JTAG XBOX? (besides host MW2 lobbies)
3.) What are KV's? Why do you have to buy more than 1?
4.) What would be a good size for the hardrive to get? (20, 60, etc)
5>0 What does this mean concerning to JTAG XBXO (freeBOOT 0.32, CPU and DVD Key?)

Is there any other things I should know before I buy 1? Whatever it may be. Thanks for your time and any help would be greatly appreciated!

lil BLu3 SMuRF

lil BLu3 SMuRF

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
1. everything except xenons and opus have HD and dont heat up as much
2. homebrew code
3. you can buy as many as you want, and they unban the xbox
4. matters what you want on there, i have a s*** ton of games on my jtag's HDD
5. i dont undertand this Q.

lil BLu3 SMuRF

lil BLu3 SMuRF

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
oh, CPU key is your xbox's key, it is used to make freeBOOT and get your KV out of your nand. DVD key is for flashing the DVD drive. freeBOOT .032 is a modded dashboard (9199) and you can run unsigned code (MW2 lobbies)

oh, CPU key is your xbox's key, it is used to make freeBOOT and get your KV out of your nand. DVD key is for flashing the DVD drive. freeBOOT .032 is a modded dashboard (9199) and you can run unsigned code (MW2 lobbies)

S

SL1M SH4DY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am condsidering buying a JTAG XBOX 360 and have some questions about it.
1.) What are the differences between the different consoles? (xenon, zephyr, etc)
2.) What can I do with a JTAG XBOX? (besides host MW2 lobbies)
3.) What are KV's? Why do you have to buy more than 1?
4.) What would be a good size for the hardrive to get? (20, 60, etc)
5>0 What does this mean concerning to JTAG XBXO (freeBOOT 0.32, CPU and DVD Key?)

Is there any other things I should know before I buy 1? Whatever it may be. Thanks for your time and any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. newer consoles have less chance of getting RROD plus some have HDMI ports and other models dont
2. you can mod many games. you can save games to the hard drive and play them offline with no disc needed. free DLC, avatar items, and xbox live arcade games.
3. if you plan to host mw2 lobbies you need to get acquainted with keyvaults. these are what you will use to unban your jtag once microsoft bans it about 4-6 hrs after you take it online. buying more than one isnt necessary but you will need a fresh unbanned one everytime you get online with your jtag. also...the kind of kv you need is dependent on the type of xbox you have. early xenons take type 1 kv and later xenons and everything else takes type 2.
4.hard drive size depends on what you plan to do with the jtag. if you plan to save games to the HDD for offline play then the bigger the hard drive the better considering games can take up to a couple of GB of space. If youre just buying a jtag to host mw2 lobbies then you might only need a 20gb HDD. it all depends on what youre planning to do with it.
5. unsure what youre asking in this question. try searching the forums here on 7s for your answer though

hope this was helpful. pm me for any other questions and ill try my best to help

look at post above for answer to number 5

Top Bottom
Login
Register