What's new

Solved JTAG Problem! Black screen – one solid green light. Read tutorial – still no luck. Can boot into

D

delt

Reaction score
Sin$
After trying to flash my nand with the freeboot 32 image (using 2.4 toolbox), my xbox is showing a black screen (no signal) and just one solid green light. I can boot into xell when I press the eject button. I’ve done a good amount of research and determined that my nand flash must have went wrong. All of the answers point to reflashing via xell by putting the bin file on the root of my usb and pressing eject (powering down correctly). Problem is in xell it says there is a transfer error with my usb (Transfer error: 4 – 0082…..etc) when it boots up so I never get past that point and it doesn’t flash. When I remove the usb, it continues to read/process and ends with my cpu and dvd key and ftp.

What could the issue be? I know I need to reflash to get a stable boot up (and then I can proceed to try the freeboot again) but I can’t reflash right now. Could it be that my version of xell can’t support usb flashing? Is there another way to flash it (maybe via ftp or disc)? In xell, when it boots up, it does say looking for optical media and calls out the bin file for flashing. Maybe I can put the flash on a disc?
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Note – I am closing out the other related thread related to “getting around system updates” which is why I started doing this flashing in the first place. Since I’m at this point, a new thread focusing on the issue seems to make the most sense.

x360xLuke

x360xLuke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
After trying to flash my nand with the freeboot 32 image (using 2.4 toolbox), my xbox is showing a black screen (no signal) and just one solid green light. I can boot into xell when I press the eject button. I’ve done a good amount of research and determined that my nand flash must have went wrong. All of the answers point to reflashing via xell by putting the bin file on the root of my usb and pressing eject (powering down correctly). Problem is in xell it says there is a transfer error with my usb (Transfer error: 4 – 0082…..etc) when it boots up so I never get past that point and it doesn’t flash. When I remove the usb, it continues to read/process and ends with my cpu and dvd key and ftp.

What could the issue be? I know I need to reflash to get a stable boot up (and then I can proceed to try the freeboot again) but I can’t reflash right now. Could it be that my version of xell can’t support usb flashing? Is there another way to flash it (maybe via ftp or disc)? In xell, when it boots up, it does say looking for optical media and calls out the bin file for flashing. Maybe I can put the flash on a disc?
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Note – I am closing out the other related thread related to “getting around system updates” which is why I started doing this flashing in the first place. Since I’m at this point, a new thread focusing on the issue seems to make the most sense.

Try using an alternate USB device with your updflash.bin file. Another person I know was having the same issue and got it to work.

D

delt

Reaction score
Sin$
Try using an alternate USB device with your updflash.bin file. Another person I know was having the same issue and got it to work.

I tried both a sandisk and kingston and both failed. Both were fat 32 formatted. The sandisk would actually hault the xell bootup (until I removed it) while the kingston allowed the xell to boot but gave out the same error message (transfer 4 error).

The file needs to be on the root of the usb right? Fat 32 right?

EDIT - btw, when I did the toolbox updflash creation, I checked "Dashlaunch patch into Hdd"
Could this have caused the issue?

Also - I can confirm I have xellous, not xell. maybe it has to do with the version of xellous i have - I bet you it's too old to flash via usb. Anyone know which version I need to flash?

One last thing, the faq of xellous mentions the .bin file being 66mb and might take a long time to do - however the bin that was created for me was on 16mb....

D

delt

Reaction score
Sin$
OK - figured it out (flashing at least). My flashdrives would not work. ONLY WD external drive worked. FYI for others.

SO pissed - flashed with stock 8955 nand (one that worked before) and now I have xell not xellous when I press eject so I can't flash anymore. what is going on?

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
the sandisk has a boot menu.. ud have to open the .rar file and uninstall it. xell still lets you flash, no? i always thought it did? i flash all jtags i do with xellous, so i wouldnt know.
but if u cant flash, ur gonna need ur JTAG to be repaired using an LPT cable or USB-SPI

D

delt

Reaction score
Sin$
the sandisk has a boot menu.. ud have to open the .rar file and uninstall it. xell still lets you flash, no? i always thought it did? i flash all jtags i do with xellous, so i wouldnt know.
but if u cant flash, ur gonna need ur JTAG to be repaired using an LPT cable or USB-SPI

so I got the Debian Live CD and I figured out how to flash using that. I can updated my xenon from xbr 1 to 3 but I still get the same result - no dashboard! I'm not sure what the problem is. Can I flash anything else using the Debian Live CD other than xbr? Again, I can flash fine using that cd but still no luck getting a dashboard!

Cheez

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
If Xellous is freezing, try unplugging your console while Xellous boots, then restarting your 360 and see if it finds your USB then.

Top Bottom
Login
Register