• Thread starter Iwannaplay
  • Start date
  • Views 6,876
I

Iwannaplay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok Today were going to look at the motherboard revisions and why they are good or bad for a Jtag

-Xenon- Pro's
- Easy to flash new Kv's
- Very simple to Jtag
- Cheap as chips
- Price: $150-175

-Xenon-Con's
-Heats up quickly
-Will RROD without fans
-Labelled "teh n00b Jtag"

-Zephyr-Pro's
-HDMI display
-Still quite cheap
-Price: $175-200

-Zephyr-Con's
-RROD still very likely
-Need to 12V
-E74 and xmas lights reportedly common
-Low resale value

-Falcon-Pro's
-RROD very easy to handle
-High resale value
-Reliable machine
-The modders machine
-Price: $220-250

-Falcon-Con's
-Still should be 12V'd
-Flashing KV's are still risky.
-Expensive to buy

-Jasper-Pro's
-Easily the best Jtag
-RROD is almost non existant
-Very few errors
-Extremely high resale value
-The "1337 haz0rs" console
-Price: $300+

-Jasper-Con's
-Expensive as sin
-KV's are still hard to flash

Zswizzy

Zswizzy

Former Legend
VIP
Retired
Free Hoster Greeter Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
This is good and should help lots of future Jtag buyers, but Xenons do not function with every power brick Zephyrs are just as simple to unbann as a xenon. Those are the only mistakes that you seem to have made.

I

Iwannaplay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is good and should help lots of future Jtag buyers, but Xenons do not function with every power brick Zephyrs are just as simple to unbann as a xenon. Those are the only mistakes that you seem to have made.

According to my research it says that all power bricks are backwards compatible, meaning that jasper PB would work on a xenon but not the other way around.

But thanks for the support guys!

Also I did not include Opus as I havent heard enough information in order to for a pro and con section worth reading!!

My mistake I will change the zephyr unbanning issue now!
:biggrin:

Declan0121

Outlaw x Declan

Seasoned Member
Experienced Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
should help lots of people with there questins and awwww i have the noob JTAG :frown:

P

Pedo Bear

My name is I RequieM I
Reaction score
Sin$
This is good. But i think this is better, not exactly the same thing but imo better.

Read the 2nd post

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/254275-read-before-posting-support-questions-about-jtags/

T

tk-saturn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
According to my research it says that all power bricks are backwards compatible, meaning that jasper PB would work on a xenon but not the other way around.
Wrong.

The power supplies are forward compatible. It's the Jasper console that will work with any power supply.

If the Jasper power supply outputs 150W/ 12a, it's not going output enough power to power up a Xenon which requires 203W/ 16.5a. That's pretty obvious, and is teh reason the Jasper has a smaller power brick.

xILemonHeadIx

xILemonHeadIx

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
nice post. Im hoping to get a falcon soon. zephyrs are pointless in my opinion and does anyone even have a opus motherboard ?

I

Iwannaplay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
nice post. Im hoping to get a falcon soon. zephyrs are pointless in my opinion and does anyone even have a opus motherboard ?

Well I have a zephyr... I like the HDMI and the price was cheap considering i made it soo yeah :biggrin:

Top Bottom
Login
Register