What's new

Solved JTAG Mess 12625

J

JD45

Reaction score
Sin$
I know..I know..another help thread. I've searched and can't find a solution to my problem. I'm sure I've managed to screw things up, in fact I know so. I'm just hoping someone know's how to help.

I have a Jasper 256MB Jtag. I was going to update from 12611 to 12625 and here is what I did/happened:

Using my original nand and the latest Jtag tool I created an updflash.bin file.
Using Flash360 I applied that update. The xbox rebooted to a new dash (12625) bypassing my dashlaunch. Odd I thought. I went in to the system info and confirmed it is 12625.

Went to XexMenu and tried to play Portal 2. Game wouldn't start. I tried something older like Cabela's and it would play. At this point I thought dashlaunch needed to be updated.

So I updated dashlaunch (2.2.1).

System shutdown and now it just sits at the Xbox360 boot screen. If I unplug my kinect and USB, and restart it freezes as the swirls are starting to come on before you can even see "Xbox360". If I remove everything and my HDD, I get a black screen.

No RRoD's or anything.

Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong and/or how to fix this?

Thank you,
JD

M

m3ga st3vi3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Take a look at your dashlaunch launch.ini file, take the hdd off the jtag an connect it to your pc/laptop and just check the settings or if thats not an option like imoses says can you boot into xell/xellous if so just put your updflash.bin on the root of a usb stick or burn it to the root of a cd and reflash the nand. I'm assuming your problem is the luanch.ini

J

JD45

Reaction score
Sin$
Can you boot XeLL?

I was able to and figured I would try to flash via xell with a USB/CD. It kept giving errors that the USB wasn't recognized even though it was formatted to FAT32.

Now....no more Xell. Even after unplugging the power brick for a couple of minutes and booting up with the eject button. Just a black screen..:frown:

Take a look at your dashlaunch launch.ini file, take the hdd off the jtag an connect it to your pc/laptop and just check the settings or if thats not an option like imoses says can you boot into xell/xellous if so just put your updflash.bin on the root of a usb stick or burn it to the root of a cd and reflash the nand. I'm assuming your problem is the luanch.ini

Thank you both for the replies and time. With just a black screen now and apparently no way to get to Xell, I think I'm officially screwed.

204 Modz

204 Modz

Mooo
Reaction score
Sin$
I was able to and figured I would try to flash via xell with a USB/CD. It kept giving errors that the USB wasn't recognized even though it was formatted to FAT32.

Now....no more Xell. Even after unplugging the power brick for a couple of minutes and booting up with the eject button. Just a black screen..:frown:

Thank you both for the replies and time. With just a black screen now and apparently no way to get to Xell, I think I'm officially screwed.
flash it with usb/ltp cables that should get it working again.

Top Bottom
Login
Register